The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #45

Lucky

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it because Loser made it :rockon: (I've almost given up hope that it's even possible to get a 90s song high in the list)
Rubbish! Why, I sneaked They Might Be Giants in only last week. ;)

and because most everyone, well certainly me, thought that Hotel California would be a sure #1...

Maybe this "automatic-nomination-because, well, pretty-much-everyone-loves-it" concept isn't all it's cracked up to be. In the final analysis, snappy Brit-rock will always beat tedious American MOR any day. :P

Otherwise, Farin, thankyou for voting "Freak Scene" into your Top Ten: the only vote either of my noms got, apart from my own, (I think).

Rubbish! Why, I sneaked They Might Be Giants in only last week. ;)

:bow: of course, how could I forget that ;)

but since I still have my, rather unrealistic - I know, long-term goal to make a 90s song #1... :crazy: :P

Otherwise, Farin, thankyou for voting "Freak Scene" into your Top Ten: the only vote either of my noms got, apart from my own, (I think).

you're welcome :) I didn't know the song before watching the video you posted, but I quite like it :thumbsup:

One of my songs got no votes other than mine and the other got maybe two :grin: (maybe one! :grin: :grin: )

Pfft... I already knew that'd happen! :P :laughing:

Hey... same thing with my nominations! One of them got my vote and the other had 2 votes (including mine). It didn't surprise me either :laughing:

"Twitch" and "Run to You" finished ahead of "Mustang Sally"??? Yikes.... :ooo:

Jenny, I nominated them before too. And I voted for The Beat Goes On. :)

Me too! Especially since Itchicoo Park made it. When I nominated it for list #16 it only came in 34th place. In fact, the Small Faces has never got higher than #28 before!

I've nominated Itchycoo Park before too but I had no luck either.

Until now! :bow: :bow: :headphones:

What's the term for someone who uses someone else's song in a recording without permission ???

Sorry, not 'plagiarism' edna. The answer I was looking for is....

A RAPPER. :neener:

Farin and CeeCee - for goodness sake don't be so tough on yourselves. You're both doing a Great Job.

:thumbsup:

Sonny and Cher made it? I guess I will no longer feel embarrassed when I nominate something cheesy.

Both mine made it this time!! calls for a happy banana ... :happybanana: :happybanana:

Jenny I've wanted to nominate this forever! But I too thought it might be too cheesy. I heard it on the radio though, and thought, dang it, I LIKE this song, I'm going to nominate it. They may have been cheesy, some of their songs, if you come from the right time span...not so much!! :)

Thanks for excusing the noob-ness, y'all! Gotta go, I just wanted to check the results. Hotel California did make it too! I do love the Eagles, though I didn't vote for it.

Both mine made it this time!!

This is SO unfair. CC's only been at this job for less than 2 WEEKS and gets two in the Top Ten. I did the job for FOUR weeks and still didn't get a winner. You all should have voted for mine just because they were MINE. }:(

I'm keeping notes on yous - and I have connections. }:(

Edited by Guest
had to add the threat of "connections"...