The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #45

Lucky

CeeCee still has some issues with her connection, so she sent me her Top Ten (via Bluesboy :bow:)

I won't post them now, in case she returns in time to post them herself :)

but there are still two other members who haven't posted their votes yet (you know who you are ;))

of course, there's still time 'till tomorrow :)

:headphones:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I have no friends and my family mostly live out in the countryside (I come from a long line of farmers) so I got plenty of time to kill posting meaningless posts such as this one :grin:

:laughing:

I hear ya there, rayzor. For me, it's a leisure time activity. I have so much of it, you know. :crazy:

Regarding the thing about music sounding the same... I have heard several songs (all by different artists) where the intros are so identical to each other that when the song starts I can't tell which song it is. One of them "Sunglasses At Night" by Cory Hart, and "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This" by Eurythmics. Another is "I Hope You Dance" by LeeAnn Womack and "Rainin' On Sunday" by Keith Urban. It's uncanny.

CeeCee still has some issues with her connection :) :)

Nope CeeCee don't! :) All fixed, though a little slow...

Wow, lots going on here! So many great songs, this one is really going to be tough, and I can see a lot of songs being left off. I forsee renominations abounding!

Now, to vote... :crazy:

1. Wanderer, The - Dion

2. Beat Goes On, The - Sonny and Cher

3. Soul Shake - Delaney & Bonnie

4. Heard It In A Love Song - Marshall Tucker Band

5. This Magic Moment - The Drifters

6. Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company

7. Uneasy Rider - Charlie Daniels Band

8. I'll Be Doggone - Marvin Gaye

9. Who's Makin' Love - Johnnie Taylor

10. You Really Got Me - The Kinks

Awww, now that was just plain painful. :crazy:

It appears that all the votes are in except for Lexxi... if someone sees her on, give her a shout, she may not remember, and I wouldn't want her to miss out! :) The results will be interesting, lots of newer songs, mixed with really GREAT old ones (ok, that GREAT is the opinion of an old lady)!

Edited by Guest

Plagiarism is the practice of claiming, or implying, original authorship, or incorporating material from someone else's written or creative work in whole or in part, into ones own, without adequate acknowledgment. The written or creative work which is plagiarized may be a book, article, musical score, film script, or other work. Unlike cases of forgery, in which the authenticity of the writing, document, or some other kind of object, itself is in question, plagiarism is concerned with the issue of false attribution.

from wikipedia

The Thrill Is Gone has made it into the Top Ten once before! I just checked.

yes, that's true... it was in Top Ten #26 :crazy: :P

of course that means that we can't include the song in the list #45 :crazy: :P

it's a pity that nobody (including myself) noticed that before we started voting, that's why we ask all of you to please check for yourself if a song already made it...

(and I know most of you do that :thumbsup:)

lexxie is the only one who hasn't voted yet, so I'll keep waiting a few hours, before posting the Ten... :)

Does that mean we have to change our votes if we included The Thrill is Gone? Because if we do, here's my new top ten, with Hard to Handle substituted for The Thrill.

1] Hotel California - The Eagles

2] Vehicle - Ides Of March

3] I Touch Myself - The Divinyls

4] Turning Japanese - The Vapors

5] Hard to Handle - Black Crowes

6] Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company

7] You Really Got Me - The Kinks

8] Who's Makin' Love - Johnnie Taylor3

9] Only A Memory - The Smithereens

10] This Magic Moment - The Drifters

yes, that's true... it was in Top Ten #26 :crazy: :P

of course that means that we can't include the song in the list #45 :crazy: :P

it's a pity that nobody (including myself) noticed that before we started voting.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Sorry guys, my job, and I should have caught it... I was pushed for time with my connection problems, they came and went with no rhyme or reason..... :crazy: Chalk it up to a bad case of noob-ness!

Does that mean we have to change our votes if we included The Thrill is Gone? Because if we do, here's my new top ten, with Hard to Handle substituted for The Thrill.

I'm sorry Peaches, but I hope you understand, that that would be too much hassle to find everyone who voted for that song, PT them to change their Ten, Wait for them to come online and do change it, somehow change their old votes to the new ones in my spreadsheet (and that doesn't work well with my system :crazy:)

I hope you understand that...

We're letting the list as it is, and simply don't count "The Thrill Is Gone" :P

personally, I think you should have vote cards printed up, schedule flights to where all members who voted for "Thrill Is Gone" live, knock on their doors personally, ask them to change their vote, then fly back and enter it into your compilation system. Anything short of this will be simply unacceptable.

personally, I think you should have vote cards printed up, schedule flights to where all members who voted for "Thrill Is Gone" live, knock on their doors personally, ask them to change their vote, then fly back and enter it into your compilation system. Anything short of this will be simply unacceptable.

Hey, we could lease Bill Gates private jet!

I have a far better idea...

I'll post the Top Ten now and then it's too late to change anything... :neener: :grin:

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #44 for the week ending 14th January 2007

1. You Really Got Me - The Kinks (1964)

2. Hotel California - The Eagles (1976)

3. A Day In The Life - The Beatles (1967)

4. Itchycoo Park - Small Faces (1967)

5. Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company (1975)

6. Baby Blue - Badfinger (1972)

7. Loser - Beck (1993)

8. Wanderer, The - Dion (1961)

9. Beat Goes On, The - Sonny and Cher (1967)

10.Vehicle - Ides Of March (1970)

Comment Away Now!! ;) :grin: