Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Can anybody here explain the BCS in college football for me? Being from Ky,which is usually like the death valley of college football(I am a UK fan and they have finished 7-5 the past 2 years. That's huge for them.),I have never been a really big college football fan. College basketball is my sport. But I don't understand how Kansas,who was number 2 in the BCS,falls to number 5 when the lone loss they have for the year is to the team that beats them and is now number 1? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Basically, without a playoff system in place, the regular season is a playoff. If you go undefeated, and don't play crappy teams the whole season, and are from a major conference, chances are you'll go to the championship game, unless there are more than 2 undefeated teams with the same qualifications. A loss in November is much more damaging than a loss in September, also. There's a point system involved that only a math major could comprehend. I'm not a fan of the BCS, I'd like a playoff.

Can anybody here explain the BCS in college football for me? Being from Ky,which is usually like the death valley of college football(I am a UK fan and they have finished 7-5 the past 2 years. That's huge for them.),I have never been a really big college football fan. College basketball is my sport. But I don't understand how Kansas,who was number 2 in the BCS,falls to number 5 when the lone loss they have for the year is to the team that beats them and is now number 1? Doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes no sense to me either. But since Missouri is my team, and Kansas is our big rival (Missouri usually sits on the edge of Death Valley as well! :P ), I ain't arguin'! :)

Missouri Rocks!! :rockon:

Yes Missouri rocks Lucky but if they lose to Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game,their hopes of playing in the national title game is over. To me that's another thing that isn't quite right with this BCS system. Some conferences,like the Pac-10 and the Big-10 don't play a conference championship game,which means teams like Ohio State and USC are home waiting for some of these teams ahead of them in the BCS standings to lose so they can move up and get a better bowl bid and maybe even a chance to play for the national championship. Doesn't seem like all the conferences in the BCS are playing on a level playing field.

Clemens and Pettitte? Wow, THAT'S a big surprise. :doh:

I just don't wanna hear Manny Ramirez's name. Anybody else, I don't really care. I just think Manny is the greatest right-handed hitter of all time, when you consider his swing, his ability to take pitches, and, of course, his clutch hitting. I would hate to see his accomplishments tainted by a couple of stool pigeons.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsdown:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These guys are trying to earn a living and keep the next guy from taking their job. If they need some extra strength with which to do that, then I have no problem with them using steroids. They are professionals. If it's gonna decrease their lifespan, then that should be their own choice to make. However, I do think steroids (and such) should be banned from college and other AMATEUR sports.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :susel:

• 2 weeks later...