Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Lucky: I am VERY happy that you won the fantasy league and not one of those blowhard guys. :bow: :bow:

Do you know where I ended up? Considereing I had the same lineup for the rest of the season and into the playoffs I bet I lost alot of ground (I was tied for first for awhile).

Kevin Boss, 89. I'm pretty sure the only contact he's had with the ball so far was fumbling it.

Watch, he's gonna catch the winning touchdown pass, you just wait.

Boss has been absolutely amazing in replacing Shockey! If you ask me the Giants should trade Shockey for a defensive end (Strahan is getting old). Boss is way better in my mind. Shockey is too high on himself

I am a lifelong Giants fan and totally wiped today. I try to put Championships in perspective for my kids....It's important to make sure you enjoy them and not worry about the next one.

My two favorite pro sports teams are The Giants and The Mets...most people know I live and die with them. In my almost 50 years on the planet the Giants have been to 4 Super Bowls and won 3. The Mets have been to 4 World Series and won 2.

Do the math...50 years times 2 seasons per year = 100 seasons. My teams have made it to the championship round 8 times and won 5. So 5% of the time my team wins....that other 95% of the time is miserable.

I will savor this one for a long long time.

Congratulations Ron and Laurie and all Giants fans.

That was an incredible game.

I've never been a Giants fan and as a matter of fact have usually rooted against them. But I must admit that by the second half I was rooting for the Giants in this one. I really admire the way the team pulled it all together over the last few weeks of the regular season and improved weekly in the playoffs. I love the way they play defense.

And Manning came of age during that period of time. Instead of being the guy they described as, "if Manning doesn't make mistakes the Giants could win"....to "if Manning keeps playing this way the Giants can't lose." He's always had the tools and now he's got the confidence.

The beginning of the game (the first quarter and early second quarter) was good. Then I thought the game got a little boring (unless you were a fan of either team), I kept waiting for it to pick up. Then the fourth quarter arrived. Wow! It is undoubtedly the best 4th quarter ever in Super Bowl history...and I've seen 'em all.

Congratulations to the Giants and their fans. While it's not their first Super Bowl victory I'd guess it's the fans favorite. Enjoy it!