Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

On Friday the Quarter-Final Matches for the Champions League were drawn...

and somebody made a post with them in an english forum (Attention:) One and a Half Hours BEFORE the matches were drawn LIVE on TV

see the thread

An UEFA spokesman said that there wasn't any manipulation, the user must have had supernatural powers...

the chances for a right guess of all 4 matches is 105:1

Rumour going around draw has been leaked..... this is no doubt rubbish but if Rumour is true it's LFC - arsenal and Chelsea - fenerbache and manure v roma

No bookies will take bets on the draw either.......

Let the draw commence. Comeeee on!

post date: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 am

the draw was done at 12:00

the results of the draw were:

Arsenal London vs Liverpool FC

AS Roma vs Manchester United

Schalke 04 vs FC Barcelona

Fenerbahçe Istanbul vs Chelsea London FC

Edited by Guest

^^Tim: really? I didn't know that :P

^ yes, that's pretty much my current opinion too... a boycott would cause that the majority of the people would ignore that...

a better idea could maybe be some form of political statement (a peaceful one) of the athletes... maybe something like these "raising fists" (or would it?)

:P

Yeah, I don't know anybody who is interested in it this year. Even I'm pretty much apathetic, and I normally enjoy the Olympics. Maybe I'll feel different when we get closer to the actually event, or maybe it's because part of the coolness of the Olympics is getting to understand the culture of country it is being held in, and China doesn't interest me.

I didn't even know they're this year :crazy: The last one was nice... the first and only time I actually watched some of it. I won't have a TV this year anyway I think, so I don't care much. It'd be different if I was at home.

As for a boycott... it may take place in China, but it's not about Chinese athletes. I think there should be a form of protest, but not quite a boycott.

Maybe Tibetan teams. (no, I'm not serious :P )