Who is (or was) the worlds best guitarist?

Jillianne

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ZZ Top is the [bleep] Santana is awsome but i nvr really liked him i just idk lol but u arent gonna belive that i am related 2 jim morrison but i am seeing as my name is Rob James Morrison u can kinda guess where i got my name from but my dad is good friends with rob from the doors and has one of his guitars and lemme tell u it is a nice as hell :googly:

Yeah, we probably shouldn't talk about Jose Feliciano either. He's not just Spanish, he's blind too.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :stars: :stars: :doh: :doh:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought Santana was Mexican and Feliciano must be... from... Puerto Rico? Anyway, Feliciano is a Motown artist... which is strange, he´s not Motown at all... :stars:

• 2 weeks later...

I think shredders like Malmsteen, Satch and Vai are cool and all, but I really prefer creativity, and melodic, nice sounding music. Which is why, although Eruption is impressive, id much rather listen to Voodoo Chile. The reason Hendrix is always regarded at 1 is because the guy was creative as hell, and made beautiful music with his guitar. Not because of his technical Skill.

Jimmy Page needs to be mentioned to. he rocks the hizzy.

15_1_111.gif

I don't have any favourite favourite guitar player, but the skills of some astound me. How they can make the music come from them through the guitar instead of just playing the notes in tune, is a true gift. Not every player has it, and that is what makes me appreciate those who do so much. Also, brilliant guitar players do not always play good songs, which is a let down.

Off the top of my had, the guy from Metallica, Joe Satriani, the guitarist for Audioslave/Rage, the dude from RHCP...there are so many and so good in their own way. Sorry I don't have time to look up names, I'm at work. I'll have a proper go when I get home :D

Off the top of my had, the guy from Metallica, Joe Satriani, the guitarist for Audioslave/Rage, the dude from RHCP...there are so many and so good in their own way. Sorry I don't have time to look up names, I'm at work. I'll have a proper go when I get home :D

Metallica guitarists=Krik Hammet/James Hetfeild

Audioslave/RATM guitarist=Tom Morello

RHCP first guitarist was Dave Navarro, then was replaced by John Frusciante.

ZZ Top is the [bleep] Santana is awsome but i nvr really liked him i just idk lol but u arent gonna belive that i am related 2 jim morrison but i am seeing as my name is Rob James Morrison u can kinda guess where i got my name from but my dad is good friends with rob from the doors and has one of his guitars and lemme tell u it is a nice as hell :googly:

THATS AWESOME! I love Jim Morrison...how closely are you related to him? :googly: :coolio: :thumbsup: :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Malmsteen is amazing, I hate when there is singing in his songs because he is so good at guitar it takes the music down a noch

also, i have been hearing people talk about how faster does not = better, but this is untrue! It all depends on how loud (or fast) you can take it. Such as, i would rather listen to EVH on Eruption than listen to hendrix on voodoo child simply because eruption is better! think about it, erution is basically (in skill level) just a much faster voodoo child, therefore it is harder to play eruption than voodoo child....Guitarests should not be mesured on melodic levels.....enyone can have a melodic beat (they are called back ups or rythem guitarests), but not everyone can play super fast. Guitarests should be mesured on how hard the lick is. e.x. B.B. King is a great gutarist because even in his slower blues songs (e.x. Sweet Sixteen) he has blazing fast speed compared to most people even on a slower song!

There are sooooo many great guitarist, how can you say who is the best....i think hendrix, clapton, page...etc....plus many many others, all are great, all with their own styles, i give them all alot of credit, it's not easy playing the guitar, but i must say Clapton sure does make it look easy!