Who is (or was) the worlds best guitarist?

Jillianne

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Hybrid Theory was a good release, for what it is. But it absolutely does not qualify the guitarist as one of the best in his craft. Listen to something else, I can give you a list of current bands who's guitarists blow LP away hands down. Start with No. Mississippi All Stars and Los Lonely Boys.

One other thing - Pink Floyd is one of the most talented and influential bands (a rare combination) of the rock era.

Listen to them and explore........be careful with that axe Eugene............ :laughing:

Hi, there I've always thought that Gilmour is unlikely to be mentioned often. Hendrix or McLaughlin are by far more predictable. That's why it's especially nice to meet someone who thinks the same. Well, I am not keen on "the final conclusions", yet I think that blokes like Piter Green, Robert Fripp, Rory Gallagher, Elmo' James can't be left out.Ray Cooder neither! Alvin Lee, Ritchie Blackmore and Mick Taylor also could't half play. :stars:

I agree with what your saying and i respect your choice but i thought this was a question of skill and im just say even as they get on in life that page and halen are still 2 of the most skilled guitarists ever and that ever will be. an example just listen to white summer by zeppelin and you will know what i am talking about

OK, Hendrix is #1. It is great to see that so long after he died he is still recognized as such, by young and old alike. Some great names have been talked about here, many of which I agree with. My top ten would also include Page, Van Halen, Stevie Ray, Satriani, Slash, David Gilmour, among others. But lets not forget the father of rock'n roll guitar; Johnny B. Good himself, Chuck Berry.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright for the Record Linkin Park Sucks. When you have to go to drop d because power chords are to tough for you then you shouldn't be a guitarist. David Gilmour is a brilliant mind. In my opinion he is not one of the best guitarist skill wise but unstoppable for his innovations. The top guitarists are:

Yngwie Malmsteen (The fastest playing guitarist in the world

also can play both rock and classical)

Steve Vai (If you haven't heard of this guy then you

shouldn't be reading these threads)

Joe Satriani ( Hell, this guy taught Steve Vai also has the

mythlogical three finger tap)

Eric Johnson (Listen to Cliffs of Dover one of the best

songs ever recorded)

Jimi Hendrix is way to overated and isn't nearly as good as these guys. Though influential and I shall remember him for that.

I thought this was the "best guitar players" thread? Not the "we can make hip sounds on a computer band thread" . . .

Maybe I'm mistaken . . .

The Hybrid Theory was a good release, for what it is. But it absolutely does not qualify the guitarist as one of the best in his craft. Listen to something else,

Are you on acid or are you just a nut david gilmour could school any new guitarist today even though he is getting on in life

Alright for the Record Linkin Park Sucks. When you have to go to drop d because power chords are to tough for you then you shouldn't be a guitarist. David Gilmour is a brilliant mind. In my opinion he is not one of the best guitarist skill wise but unstoppable for his innovations.

Noobs don't know what sarcasm is.

Anyways, I don't believe Tommy Iommi has been mentioned yet.