Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

The Chargers stunk. Period. They have no excuse, and can't just blame Kaeding, although that was just plain weird. But they blew plenty of opportunities as a team. Oh well. The Colts will take down the Jets, their fans best not get too excited.

LT's got some mileage on him, but I think he's gonna be good for another season or 2.

Kurt could go out with a legacy if he leaves now, but he could be good for another season. He has problems with concussions though, so it's probably best for his safety that he retires from the game.

I hope Favre finally quits too and stays retired this time around.

My Chargers had an awful lot of yards lost yesterday to penalties. Kaeding is not exclusively to blame for that headache of a nightmare of a headmare of an achenight. Or something like that.

At least I have no dilemmas now attending next weekend's baby shower, which is at the same time as the Chargers would have been playing...

Brett Favre's Storybook Season Has Perfect Ending

Sports Pickle

It was the ending that everyone hoped for. Brett Favre, playing at age 40, in perhaps his greatest season, with the Super Bowl on the line, just seconds left on the clock ... threw the ball directly into the hands of an opposing defensive back.

"Thank you, sweet Jesus!" you yelled. Or maybe it wasn't you. It's hard to remember in all the delirium. But someone yelled it. Because something incredibly awesome had just happened.

The play still seems as though it was a dream. Like something that could only happen in a movie. The perfect ending. Too wonderful to be real. But it was real. It did happen. And it's the reason hundreds of millions of people love sports.

"In these tough times, these are the things you cling to, the things that give us hope," said President Barack Obama. "We often seem so divided, but today we all have something to celebrate. Brett Favre's interception. That selfish prick. Intercepted on the last pass he threw of the season. For the third year in a row. So awesome. So so awesome."

"We all now know what heaven feels like," said Pope Benedict XVI. "For that brief moment, and the 20 to 30 minutes after when we were still giving each other high-fives, we understood the joy of what the afterlife will be. Heaven is an eternity of Brett Favre throwing stupid interceptions across the field. And streets of gold, too, probably. But definitely the interceptions."

With Favre's storybook season now at a close, one question remains: can he write another chapter? Another book?

"I still have the desire to play," said Favre. "And I think people still have the desire to see me fail. We'll see what happens. But I don't know if I can top this. This was pretty magical for everyone who's not Brett Favre."

Filed Under: NFL Brett Favre Minnesota Vikings

Poor old Brett.