Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Glad you survived it Shawna. New Orleans is uniquely equipped to handle drunken revelry, so if you are going to take to the streets after a victory, that's the place to do it. I've seen the mounted police move in to clear up disturbances during Mardi Gras, and they take care of things quick.

It was good to see the Saints come out with fire in the second half and give us a great game. For a while, I thought we were going to see Manning have his way again and have it go as scripted.

Got home yesterday, Kev, so no more reports on the happenings in Mardi Gras town. I tried to upload some photos today to post here, but Photobucket was not cooperating. :mad:

It was really something to be there with this victory happening. We stayed in the Pontalba apartment building, and at 11:30 p.m. there were still crowds and impromptu parades marching down our street, fireworks going off, bands striking up, mobs closing down the street to any sort of traffic. And that was on Decatur - 4 blocks from Bourbon Street. The entire French Quarter was a mob scene. So glad it was a happy mob. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

They don't need LT, he's basically finished at this point of being 30 (which is old for a running back. I think Sproles can handle the duties of starting running back and they can go after some younger talent in the draft as a future replacement. I'm not sure why they didn't keep him as a backup, but I guess his contract is just too much.

The Chargers released LaDainian Tomlinson today. This could be a costly mistake, especially if he goes to a competing contender (e.g. Broncos), but it'll open up plenty of salary cap room for them to go after a younger player with less mileage.

The Broncos have a good RB already .

Darren Sproles most likely won't be in a Chargers uniform next season either. They're not interested in renewing his one year contract for 7.3 mil (which is 10% increase from last year) which will make him a free agent next week.

I think they should just sign him to the contract, otherwise San Diego won't have a running game.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like LaDanian might be signing with the Vikings tomorrow, they don't need him with Adrian Peterson already running the ball. This could help them get their first ever Super Bowl win.

I guess that didn't work out, now he's trying out with the Jets. Will L.T. ever find a home?

Former NFL great Merlin Olsen died yesterday. During the mid 1960's he was part of the Los Angeles Rams formidable defensive line called the Fearsome Foursome.

A Hall of Famer, he went to the Pro Bowl 14 of his 15 seasons with the Rams.

Because my parents had season tickets to the Rams for 30 years, I was privileged to see every home game the Fearsome Foursome played.

My NCAAB Bracket is filled and ready.

I can't decide if it's the bracket of an insane man or someone who could be intelligent in the realms of bracketology.

I've got Kansas winning it all.

Fun upsets I have:

Oklahoma St. over Ohio St.

UTEP over Butler

Xavier over Pitt

BYU over Kansas St

BYU over Syracuse

Cornell over Temple

Wisconsin over Kentucky

Cal over Duke

My Final Four:

Kansas, New Mexico, BYU, Villanova