Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

OK...some team came into Philly this weekend masquerading as the New York Mets. They were very clever...having a guy who looked just like David Wright and another who looked like Tatis...even a Church. But the rest of them were complete imposters.

Man, this shows just how severely the injuries have strapped the Mets. Not that I'm feeling sorry for them, mind you. But it just doesn't seem right. It is however just what the doctor ordered for the Phillies who are the one team that's been playing as though they're badly injured themselves.

Crazy race...but it's only early July. It can, and probably will, get stranger.

Maybe when I see them on the 11th, I can give them a little pep talk.... :P

You missing football , MC ? Let's start with the ugly ... the good and bad to follow later . Sgt. Schultz would be proud - and envious ! :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/If-Mike-Shanahan-stays-quiet-he-ll-get-7-milli?urn=nfl,177594

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, first Manny and now big Papi. Don't you think the Red Sox should do the right thing and return those two championships they won by taking all that juice. It's pretty sad since it took them 200 years to win a championship that they had to cheat to get them. :thumbsdown:

Why? They were beating teams that were just as juiced as they were. For instance, they beat the Yankees, who had, among others, A-Rod, Jason Giambi, Kevin Brown and Gary Sheffield. And then absolutely obliterated the Cardinals, who included the likes of Ray King, Jason Isringhausen, Larry Walker, Tony Womack and Albert Pujols (yeah, go ahead...tell me Pujols wasn't juicin'!).

They were all doing something or other. You'd have to take back every championship since 1975, if you were gonna do that.

And in my opinion, they should be allowed to take 'em. They're professionals. Anything to keep your job.

GO SOX!! MORE POWER TO YA!! (So to speak.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :shades:

The Eagles signed Michael Vick, but they won't have much use for him. I doubt he sees any playing time under Donovan McNabb.

He's getting 1 1/2 million first year and 5 million next year, that's way too much money for a second-string quarterback. They should have used that salary cap space on a position they need.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That made my day! :grin:

I saw his press conference yesterday and he was monotone when "apologizing" and admitting he did something wrong, and very animated about going back and playing football again. Which tells me he has no idea of the gravity of what he did, and just how much a lot of people hate him, nor was his "apology" in any way sincere.