Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

in other, though related news:

Germany just beat England 4:0 in the final for the U21 EC! :rockon:

and that means that not only was that the first U21 championship for Germany - we even made the hattrick:

we're simultaneously U17, U19 and U21 European Champions

:rockon: again

Injuries suck. Ibanez comes of the DL Friday but they say he won't be ready to play then. Lidge is back but doesn't look any better to me. Myers won't be back til late September at best but no way he'll be ready to pitch.

Phils need a starter (maybe from the farm since the only available guys look pretty poor and their teams want too much in return) and a righty for the pen and a right handed bat off the bench.

Send Delgado down and we'll let him gradually get back into things then you can have him back....in November.

It wouldn't be the first time they've bought damaged goods. (Garcia)

Actually they wouldn't trade Rollins. As poorly as he's hitting he's too valuable in terms of leadership, spark, etc....plus, they're certain he'll come around. Any day now.

That friggin' Dice-K is the reason the Sox won't deal Penny to the Phillies.

Somebody....HELLLLLP!

Dice-K will be back to form...hopefully by the end of this year. I think Boston's coaching staff ruined him. His stuff is still the same (93mph heater, wicked slider). But it appears that they made him cut down on the changeup (Gyro-Ball), and they taught him HOW TO THROW STRIKES! That's not his game. When he's erratic, he's a lot tougher to hit. Oh, and he also dominates in the post-season.

But the Red Sox could use a switch-hitting shortstop. Jed Lowrie's not gonna be back for another month or two. And he's still no Jimmy Rollins. It'd be a good deal for both teams.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup:

I've caught the ball games late today , and haven't heard any mention as to why some ( or maybe all ) teams are wearing red ball caps - especially teams not associated with that color in any of their regular or alternative uniforms , such as Seattle and Toronto . Anyone know what event or person, etc. is being commemorated ?

Laurie is right, it's the same reason why they wore red hats for Memorial Day. Some of the hats have white and blue on them.

The Cavs are hands down going to be the most charismatic team this year

Shaquille O'Neal is washed up, they might make it to the finals, but they have the Magic with Dwight Howard and Vince Carter to compete with.

Ok , thanks . They sure look odd , though , on some teams who wear nothing else that matches with it . Why not a stylish combination of Red , white , and blue ?

ex: Here's Mariano Rivera ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AmxTipB_WUvUgMIHCsjV2aM5nYcB?gid=290703110

Shaquille O'Neal is washed up, they might make it to the finals, but they have the Magic with Dwight Howard and Vince Carter to compete with.

Oh I didn't say they'd be better, just more charismatic. Shaq is probably the most charismatic basketball player of our time, and Lebron can be pretty funny too.

I am indeed. I used to follow them better, back when they had Grant, Sheed, Sabonis, Stoudamire (who is possibly my least favorite athlete of all time by the way), Bonzi...that team was awesome. Then like the majority of Portland, I kinda stopped following them in the "Jailblazers" era, but am now starting to watch them since they have a good and likeable team.

Do you have any thoughts on Oden? Complete failure or just a temporary failure?

I heard that the Magic might pick up Rasheed Wallace this year...can't remember where I heard that so I don't know how true it is...but if it is true, they will most definitely be my 2nd favorite team.

OK...some team came into Philly this weekend masquerading as the New York Mets. They were very clever...having a guy who looked just like David Wright and another who looked like Tatis...even a Church. But the rest of them were complete imposters.

Man, this shows just how severely the injuries have strapped the Mets. Not that I'm feeling sorry for them, mind you. But it just doesn't seem right. It is however just what the doctor ordered for the Phillies who are the one team that's been playing as though they're badly injured themselves.

Crazy race...but it's only early July. It can, and probably will, get stranger.

Do you have any thoughts on Oden? Complete failure or just a temporary failure?

I think he had a bad rookie season with injuries, but that doesn't mean he's to be counted out just yet.

They have a lot of other good players that are relatively new (Aldridge, Roy, Webster, etc.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they go to the Finals in a few seasons.