Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Yeah, what an upset, I don't think anyone expected Detroit to lose especially on home ice but Pittsburgh did a great job of keeping them back.

Pinkstones must be pretty disappointed, my condolances, I just went through the same thing with ManU, in the Champions League final... :puppyeyes:

The NBA season is waaay too long and should be about 60 games instead of 82.

Just prorate the player's salaries accordingly and keep the same format for the playoffs... maybe switch back to 2/2/1/1/1 for the finals instead of 2/3/2... maybe not.

:cool:

The NBA season is waaay too long and should be about 60 games instead of 82.

Just prorate the player's salaries accordingly and keep the same format for the playoffs... maybe switch back to 2/2/1/1/1 for the finals instead of 2/3/2... maybe not.

:cool:

You should be a Nets fan like me. The season is usually much shorter.

The Nets were bought and the owner (a real estate developer) said he was moving them to Brooklyn. However, many locals in Brooklyn are fighting the massive project he wanted to build. The economy also took it's toll on financing the project. So the Nets are years and years from moving to Brooklyn.

Many people are wondering why The Nets didn't agree to move to The Rock (The Prudential Center) in Newark, NJ. The Devils moved there from The Izod Center (formerly Continental Airlines Arena formerly Brendan Byrne Arena) which in in the Meadowlands (right across from Giants Stadium and the brand new stadium for the Giants and Jets.

For now the Nets are stuck at the Izod Center for the forseeable future.

Actually, I think the Celtics have that title.

The Celtics have won more titles (I think) but the Lakers are probably more hated (I think). In my opinion, their biggest similarity is that they are the default teams to root for if you don't watch a lot of sports (which isn't meant to be a knock against the lakers and yankees fans who do watch a lot of sports. and since i don't watch a lot of sports myself i'm not even one to talk i guess!)

The same goes for the Cowboys, and also for the Red Sox ever since they won the World Series. Not so much the Celtics though, at least in my experience.