Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

I hope David Wright is going to be okay....getting hit in the head with a 95 mph ball can't be good... :(

Thank God for helmets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AlfK9wiEVFCP8hrQuiuFfd0RvLYF?gid=290815121&prov=ap

He has a concussion, but x-rays and CT scans were negative.

So I wore my #6 Chargers jersey in honor of tonight's game. My kid and I (he in a #21 Chargers jersey - go LT!!) were with Andy and his kids all wearing their Seahawks stuff.

The funny part is that my #6 jersey is maybe as old as his kids - I used to love, love, love Rolf Benirschke back in the day, and he was #6. Tonight, one of Andy's sons was razzing me relentlessly about #6 being the 3rd string QB, Whitehurst.

Turns out ol' Whitehurst almost won the game for 'em. :grin:

on a related note: I don't care much for the showy attitude of (most of) the sprinters at all :P

In this regard I like the athletes of the heptathlon and decathlon (the "Kings of the athletes", as they are called here) much more - where else would you see every competitor doing a thank-you walk around the stadium after the event - everyone together from world champion to last place? It's sad they don't get noticed more... :P

Has any team been more snakebitten than the Mets this year?
This year The Mets have been dropping like flies and also just dropping flies.

I'll use this forum for a trip to Ron's glory days...

I was a pretty good baseball player and I loved to lean over the plate. I got hit with a lot of pitches. When I was 16, I was the top home run hitter in my league...I was crowding the plate and WHAM...right in the head. (Make the jokes short and sweet). Anyway, luckily it wasn't 95 miles per hour and it didn't hurt, but it sure stunned me and got me pissed off. I know it wasn't on purpose, but I was angry that the pitcher couldn't control his pitches better than that.

So, I head towards first and fling my back directly at my bench...there was no dugout or protective fence, so all my teammates had to dive to avoid my bat. It came closest to this guy named Ray...Ray was huge...how huge you say??? He got a football scholarship to Purdue as an offensive lineman. He essentially threatened my life for flinging that bat, but as I said...I was mad...

End of story.

More ugly for ya , MC : What in the hell is he doing -or the Vikings for that matter ?!?! He's becoming a Michael Vick , just without the dog thing . This is no Jamie Moyer 'look at that tough old guy story ' ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-favrereaction081809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns