Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

and Federer won his 4th round match... barely in 5 sets

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm not surprised Haas gave Federer a run for his money on clay, but, wow. I hadn't heard about that until now, partly since the French Open is no longer televised free-to-air in Australia. :/

it wasn't until the 3rd set that Federer 'found his game' as the commentators like to say...

in the end he won with 6:7, 5:7, 6:4, 6:0, 6:2

that would have been something: Djokovic, Federer and Nadal out before the quarter finals...

and let's not forget that Nadal won 31 matches in a row in Roland Garros, since his first appearance in 2005, this was the first time he lost a match in this tournament!

and I know what you mean about free-TV rights, I can't watch Wimbledon because of that :P

did I read that right that Söderling beat Nadal?? :shocked: :shocked:

And the Netherlands (who aren't a Test cricket nation, and aren't usually considered to be competitive with the top teams) beat England in the Twenty20 Cricket World Cup opener - what's with all the sporting upsets? :shocked:

AUSTRALIA ARE OFF TO THE WORLD CUP! :rockon:

In 2006 they qualified with a thrilling penalty shootout against Uruguay. This year they qualified with a boring 0-0 draw with Qatar. :P

Australia was my second favourite team in 2006 :) :thumbsup:

now if only the match against Italy would have been different :mad: :crazy:

now if only the match against Italy would have been different :mad: :crazy:

Don't remind me. Though I remember what happened to Germany in the 2006 World Cup was similarly disappointing. :doh:

I guess there is one thing us Australians can be happy about. Now that we are in the Asian group, qualification for the World Cup is much easier for us. :rockon: :P

I saw the end of the USA game against Honduras. I believe it was Donovan that made a really ballsy header to win the game. USA! USA! USA!

Pity USA lost to Costa Rica a few days ago. Oh well, unless they lose most of their remaining games, USA should qualify. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what's happened to Mexico - they beat Costa Rica 2-0, but lost every other game. They'll struggle to qualify from here.

Edited by Guest