What do you imagine SF's look like ?

Kevin

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you, I have seen on my very rare forays into the "Your Photograph" thread. I have found this slightly spoilt my SongFacts experience- imagination is so much more fun than reality- hence I tend to avoid that thread.

Nonetheless, here are some of the mental pictures I have formed.

Daslied: having previously boasted an unruly nest of "mad professor" hair, the diminuitive Daslied has addressed the looming threat of middle-aged responsibility and respectability by shearing this off in favour of a tidy style. Typically sporting narrow-leg trousers,winkle-picker shoes and a short-sleeved small-collar checked shirt, Das resembles an off-duty Talking Head. He is most comfortable in predominantly female company (revels in it, in fact), but at times finds this somewhat constraining- perhaps even emasculating- and secretly yearns to be "one of the lads". When such occasions present, he may celebrate by smoking a cigar, but is resentful when the macho pretence extends to having to discuss sport.

Levis: has very lively eyes, which can be slightly unnerving until one becomes accustomed. Levis tends to become intensely animated in conversation; at these times she fiddles with her hair alot, without realising.

Sweet Jane: has the dirtiest laugh you ever heard...

Edna: is almost the perfect dinner guest: possessed of refinement and culture, yet at the same time broad-minded, bohemian and rather louche. She regales enthralled guests with tale after tale from her seemingly infinite pool of music biz anecdotes, (without ever succumbing to self-absorption), she rocks back in her chair cackling gleefully like the deranged Madame of some baroque bordello, before, with a straight face, inviting you to partake of a tray of exquisite continental biscuits.

Some whom I have not seen in "Your Photograph"...

Farin: Slightly stout, with a "Cheshire cat" moon-faced grin. The sort of chap with whom one could cheerfully sink a few pints.

Old 55: I have always imagined Old 55 as Paul Collins from the original cast of Liverpool-based soap opera Brookside (played by Jim Wiggins), but can I find a picture of the Jim Wiggins in question on t'Net? Can I heck.

Crazy Don: insists on allowing his hair to grow long and wavy, even though he is balding on top. A frizzier version of Bill Bailey off "Never Mind The Buzzcocks"

Invisible R: I fairly quickly associated her in my mind with a girl who lived on the new estate near my childhood home. (I can't remember her name, regrettably). She was in the year above me, friendly and not unattractive, but sadly cursed with a beak-like nose. She once complimented my rendition of The Stranglers' "Golden Brown" on the walk home after college.

johnnyguitar: too skinny for his own good and rather careworn, habitually wearing the expression of laboratory beagle who's just been told his cigarette ration is being reduced. johnny colours his hair to hide its advancing greyness, and drinks to ease the pain of impending obsolescence.

BlueFish: a wee skinnamalink (as mum used to say), Bloof has dark hair which is only just long enough to sport a spangly hair-slide and has a cheeky face. She bears the lively demeanour of a healthy Springer Spaniel puppy.

'senough for now.

BlueFish: a wee skinnamalink (as mum used to say), Bloof has dark hair which is only just long enough to sport a spangly hair-slide and has a cheeky face. She bears the lively demeanour of a healthy Springer Spaniel puppy.

Not bad, only my hair is down to my waist and i have no idea what a "skinnamalink" is...

Edited by Guest

Believe me, s´factors, Earth-Angel is a beauty queen :bow: :bow: :bow: I´ve seen lots of her pictures and if there was a beauty contest she´d have the first prize. She´d also win at brains, charm and coolness contests. And she´s Friend.

She is just incredible... :cool: