Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's Get Together.....good song, but my vote would depend on the competition

Karma Police.....not really my thing, but not bad

Hate To Say I Told You So......good, but it needs to grow on me before I'd vote for it.

I LOVE Free Your Mind and it would definitely have my vote!

"The Seeker" is a good song, but my vote would depend on the competition

Cara Mia and My Little Lady are OK, but I don't think I'd vote for them.

I don't really like "It's Raining Again". I do remember when it first came out, so I've heard it a lot. Sorry, Old 55...I still love you, though!

I know what you mean, Darryl, I usually dismiss the tunes I listen to a lot, thinking, "oh, that's been nominated already". Sometimes it hasn't and you've uncovered a gem,

If you want to, nominate the song. Just because I don't like it means nothing. It's not like any of my nominations for the past 5 lists or more have been blockbusters. Not complaining, I just don't want you to be discouraged.

Jenny, I probably wouldn't nominate it yet anyway, because I still have heaps of others I like better. The only time I've ever really been disappointed in one of my nominations was when I was the only one to vote for "What A Fool Believes", my favorite Doobie's song.

:)

Everybody's covered it Laurie. :)

At least, every Country singer anyway.

But I've never heard the Small Faces' version either.

I like just about everything by Bobby Darin, but it would depend on what else was nominated. It would certainly make my 'Short List'.

I nominated this before, but it missed the Ten, so I thought I'd put this video on so those who may not know it could have a look/ listen.

Brian Jones learnt to play the sitar for it and did a damn fine job !

Little Red Rooster - Rolling Stones

edna and Sammy + other Stones' fans - what do you think of it ???

Yeah, the Stones do a great job with "Little Red Rooster", but personally I was never big on remakes, even a classic such as this one. The tune would have to be an absolutely brilliant remake for it to get my praise, e.g. "Hey Joe", "Train Kept' A Rolling", "Nobody's Fault But Mine"...that kinda stuff.

I vote for my Top Ten on the basis of: If I was on a desert island or in prison, and the only songs I could listen to were the ten that I got to choose from that particular list.

So, there would have to be Slim Pickens for it make my Top Ten. From most of the lists so far, I would probably be able to find ten that I would rather listen to. Sorry, Dude, but I have to call 'em like I see 'em.

Now, that definitely DOES NOT mean that you shouldn't nominate it this time or ten more times, if you wish.

Darryl, you are the man! Remember that! Just keep saying to yourself, "I am the man. I am the man. I am the man." You can stop saying it when you start to sound too much like Julio from "Easy Money". But you get the idea.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Oh thanks Seeker...I didn't know about the Small Faces cover of that song...I'll have to check it out!

I couldn't find it on Youtube...if someone could find it, I'd like to give it a listen...thanks

It's a live version, released on their BBC Sessions album. :)

I couldn't find it on the internet either, so I uploaded it myself:

If I Were a Carpenter -- Small Faces

I just came home from work and my husband is playing guitar and rehearsing in the office room (where the computers are) instead of hoovering and cleaning and etc... :grin:

I promise I´ll listen to all your noms by tomorrow... :bow:

Yet, I can say that the Supertramp song isn´t my cup of tea, I prefer the ones before 1978, I don´t quite remember the names but I will post them later on.

Darryl, I don´t really like "Litle Red Rooster" by the Stones... but I will watch the video later on... :cool:

I liked Little Red Rooster as well, just don't know if I'd vote for it.

Gorillaz was OK...I may need to listen to it a few more times. I was actually thinking of nominating Feel Good, Inc. in the near future, so if you have success with them, I just might.