Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Poets, hey ? I've never heard them before, but I see in one of my books they had another minor Hit in 1966 - "She Blew A Good Thing" (No comments about the Title, puhleez) - so you were correct about the era Phil. I'll listen to it some more.

The only other song that I really found interesting was that Bowie one, which I wasn't familar with before. I'm not much good on Album Tracks.

Of course, I know 'Sugar Baby Love. :thumbsup: Has that been tried before ???

The old trouser spltter. ;) I don't really care for his Rock version of "Together"

(I love Connie Francis' version) but I'd sure as heck vote for "Hold Me", or "Somewhere" or "Maria" from 'West Side Story', Lars.

And Martin and Jenny, it's RAP ! Need I say more ? :laughing:

Honestly, of the above songs (since my last comment), the only one I would vote for is "Man On The Moon". I love REM, and that is one of their best!

Shawna has converted me to a Roger lover, and Banditos is a great song. However Shawna, (please don't hit me! :grin: ) I probably would not vote him into the top ten. Only because he is so unknown to many, and his songs haven't had any airplay to speak of. Geez, honest is tough sometimes!

When I nominate a song that is unfamiliar to many here, it is usually a song that is/was regionally popular in my area. Meaning that it has recieved airplay, and is a well known song to some, just not nation or world wide.

When I nominate a song that is unfamiliar to many here, it is usually a song that is/was regionally popular in my area. Meaning that it has recieved airplay, and is a well known song to some, just not nation or world wide.

"Banditos" was huge here in the southwest when it came out around 1995, so maybe it's a regional thing, too.

Glad to know you're a convert. :grin:

The Devil Comes Back to Georgia- Mark O'Connor and Friends

If you like the original, you'll love this sequel. I think it's better than the original, mainly because Mark O'Connor is the world's undisputed master of the fiddle, and his solo at the end blows my mind every time. And I doesn't hurt that his "Friends" consist of Johnny Cash, Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart, and of course Charlie Daniels.

TOP TEN CONSULTATION FEE SCHEDULE (IN U.S.$):

SURE THING #1 $10.00

GOOD CHANCE FOR #1 $5.00

TWO SURE TOP TENS $5.00

ONE SURE TOP TEN $3.00

TWO POSSIBLE TOP TENS $2.00

ONE POSSIBLE TOP TEN $1.00

Trying to figure out that Video Clip....Priceless.

yes, there was... that peculiar sound in the background, you know? :crazy: :P

PS I don't need to pay you anything, since I'd simply make the changes myself ;)

Edited by Guest
just saw Darryl's latest edit

Blue Orchid ~ The White Stripes(the video is pretty... umm... strange :crazy: )

Oh, it´s the high heels... they´re killing her... :doh: :laughing:

The song isn´t bad but it´s not my cup of tea... I´ve heard other White Stripes songs I liked better...