Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darryl, I wouldn't vote for Little Red Rooster. The only reason I like it at all is that it's a good example of the bluesy Stones sound. I don't think it's a particularly good cover of the song itself though.

Martin, you know what club/dance song I think you should nominate! :)

Darryl, you are the man! Remember that! Just keep saying to yourself, "I am the man. I am the man. I am the man." :afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Thanks Mate, but I'm not any more. I'm taking a break soon. :P

Thanks Sammy, edna, Fin, Jenny, and Lucky for your honesty. :)

No dear edna, you said you were "going to nominate a Rolling Stones song" and I said " please tell me what it is" for a joke. All of the credit belonged to you ! I really was just being a 'wise guy'. I don't think I even voted for it, because it's not one of my favorites. ALL credit goes to you.

I'm taking that break at last because we're going away for a few weeks, leaving on 6th June. I'll have to make my next few nominations good ones.

:)

Oh, I like that one too!! Told you I like Chemical Brothers.

But I meant this one...

Your Woman

Maybe I have the genre wrong? I love the song though! :) , and I don't think it's nearly as obscure as the Jeans Team one. I may have shocked the socks off of some of my fellow oldie but goodies around here! :)

And this one has been nominated unsuccessfully at least 3 times. The first time it was so new that I didn't know it, the second time I nominated it and it everyone was 'sick of hearing it', and the third time I figured 'why vote for it if nobody else is going to'.

I feel it deserves to be in a Top Ten. Let's test the waters again. ;)

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

Ok, I think I shall nominate Your Woman this time. I really love the song. I think sometimes we don't recognize a song by it's title, but know it when we hear it, so I'll nominate it with the link.

I'd like to hear an example of a 60's song that you like. You don't have to use it as a nomination. Is there something? :)

I never cared for Sunny Comes Home. I know it well. Just a matter of taste.

Edited by Guest

:grin: :laughing: okay, let's see... There are the Beatles of course - I like All My Loving, Ticket to Ride, Eleanor Rigby and Come Together the most (off the top of my head). Then there are the Doors too, I like them lots. Then someone recently tried to get me into the Who, and I'm surprisingly fond of them. Especially the intense philosophy behind the lyrics of Magic Bus :beatnik: :grin:

But, I never ever managed to get very into Pink Floyd, though I have Dark Side of the Moon and that's nice from time to time. In fact, they're the one band I've actively, incessantly TRIED very hard to like, but it just doesn't happen. :crazy:

Now who else do I like from then....?