Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 40000 Headmen - Traffic

2. Shine on Brightly - Procol Harum

I don´t like much the Procol Harum song but I agree with you, "40000 Headmen" is very good...

I knew "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" and I like it... :cool: I like the Warren Zevon song and "Love is all" but my votes would depend on what the other nominations are...

I love both of your nominations, Tim: "Idlewild Blues" and "Bom Bom Bom", I will have to listen to them again as I didn´t know them... :cool:

And I do like "Bakerman"... :cool: a bit J.J.Cale style...

I'd like to know a little about each song, especially the year of it.

Bakerman - Laid Back: I like it very much on first hearing. I've saved it to my favorites for further listening. Look away from the Clip and it's almost Country Rock !

Laid Back are a Danish Duo who had two other minor hits (don't know if they were some in Australia too):

"Sunshine Reggae" 1982 and "White Horse" 1983

Bakerman (vocals by famous Danish singer Hanne Boel) is from 1989 and was a hit in most European countries :)

and I've never thought about calling it "Country Rock" :)

I'm sitting here giggling. No offense to Shaun Baker, or the song "Bakerman" (I found another version I like a lot) or Darryl, But it is NOT by any stretch of the imagination Country Rock!. Maybe some other country! :laughing:

I just say that as a midwestern gal, where country/southern rock is king. :)

I've actually been ready to nominate some true country and southern rock for a while. Little Feat made it with "Dixie Chicken", The Outlaws, with "Green Grass...". Here are two that I've had on my list, definately not cross over by any stretch of the imagination. The Outlaws Freeborn Man (great pickin' here, and can't get much more southern twang)

Ozark Mountain Daredevils If You Wanna Get To Heaven These guys' big hit, "Jackie Blue", was probably the one furthest away from their normal sound. The Daredevils are from my home state, and this song exemplifies true "hick" country rock (as opposed to the Eagles or Poco). I love it!