Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

The way Shawna sees it:

There are 8 teams left...The Chargers and 7 other randomwhocares teams... in the quarterfinals January 10 and 11th

then January 18th, The Chargers and 3 of those other teams play

2 weeks after that, the Chargers in the Super Bowl February 1st, and I collect my sports book bet winnings.

:grin: :grin:

really, for a while I felt sort of bad for ole Peyton. He's cool, I like him and Eli, they're good peeps. But if it comes down to Chargers vs. Giants in the Big One, I'ma have to stay loyal.

I'm concerned a bit about LT, though. Sproles really proved what he could do Saturday, though. Man, that little guy runs like a hamster on a wheel - very quickly.

The Chargers choked the first half of the season and barely qualified for the playoffs, I can't see them getting past Pittsburgh or Tennessee or New York.

However... they lost to Pittsburgh in November by only 1 point... so they've got it in them. They just need to pull it through! :beatnik:

I like the Chargers and was rooting for them in the playoffs the previous seasons (since my beloved Cardinals weren't in the show), but Tomlinson is hurt and their coach Norv Turner has a tendency to choke during last minute decisions and he usually wastes their time-outs in unneccessary situations.

I cried the other day listening to the cricket. When the hated captain of South Africa came out to bat to try and save the match with one broken arm and severe tennis elbow in the other, and the Australia crowd gave him a standing ovation... I teared up.

Of course, I cry all the time, especially watching kids' movies, or listening to early AC/DC, but so what??

LBB

As one of only 3 people at the sports bar today wearing a Chargers jersey, I slunked out of the place as quietly as possible today. :laughing:

Actually... sadly... I was mentally prepared for that. Soon as I saw snow, I knew.

The first half was good, though. So I've got that.

As one of only 3 people at the sports bar today wearing a Chargers jersey, I slunked out of the place as quietly as possible today. :laughing:

Actually... sadly... I was mentally prepared for that. Soon as I saw snow, I knew.

The first half was good, though. So I've got that.

It wasn't Metro Sport at Metro Center was it? :laughing:

It wasn't Metro Sport at Metro Center was it? :laughing:

no, we were at the Tilted Kilt in Ahwatukee. It's good to know there's a sports bar here in the 'hood, though! I've no idea where to go when we're here at my house, so we've been going to the Half Moon up on 3rd St and Greenway.

no, we were at the Tilted Kilt in Ahwatukee. It's good to know there's a sports bar here in the 'hood, though! I've no idea where to go when we're here at my house, so we've been going to the Half Moon up on 3rd St and Greenway.

I know that place, I go there every now & then, but not in a while.