Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Disappointing , but an effort worthy of the championship game for sure . The only real downer was not getting to see at least one hail mary chance at the end- or the first overtime Super Bowl even . Sloppy and unnecessary penalties usually ruin a game , but, oddly, they just seemed to add to this one, somehow .

Once again I'm taught the lesson I refuse to learn : don't bet against the Steelers in the Superbowl . Satisfying game though.

Interestingly , Seeker was the closest in calling the score , but had the winner incorrect ! Wanna pick some lotto numbers for me ?

:D

Edited by Guest

In still think that last play was an incomplete pass and not a fumble. The refs didn't spend enough time reviewing the play.

This is still probably one of the best Super Bowls ever, besides Rams vs. Titans 2000 (which also had Kurt Warner) and Giants vs. Bills 1991.

SBXXXIV.jpg

It had a very 'Rocky"-ish quality to it , didn't it . They didn't triumph by points , but at the end they sure got the crowd with them after a lackluster start and won some overdue respect - from the Steelers , no less , who never show anyone any respect . We saw something we rarely see too, regardless of circumstances : Steeler's players praying for a miracle and looking on the ropes in the dying minutes . I enjoyed that . :D

Hey , don't forget last year's game on your list as well .

Congratulations, Steeler fans!

I'm still certain that the winning touchdown should've been voided because the receiver's feet never touched the end zone before his hands (and ball) crashed out of bounds. It was a wonderful catch, but that shouldn't make it valid when obviously, in this poster's eyes, it wasn't.

Oh well. Kinda reminds me of WWF which is almost as fake.

I'm still buying a Cards jersey today, regardless of the terribly bad call.

Just as Kevin said earlier, "I'll never bet against the Steelers in the superbowl."

Too much money involved.

I also totally agree with that bad call Marcus...and another call about roughing the passer???? Seems to me if your charging towards the one with the ball, isn't kind of hard to stop at the last second??? I don't know too much about football, but I think that wasn't a very good call...

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland is playing Georgia tonight (World Cup preliminaries), and looking at Georgia;s line-up I noticed that almost all of their names end in either -adze or -shvili :grin:

update: typing this I just noticed Georgia scored, 3 1 minute into the match :o :doh:

Edited by Guest
they scored one but I only noticed three minutes into the match, can't you look this up yourself?