Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

well I gotta say, that is now how I expected the Rose Bowl to go. But on the bright side, both teams seem to have a ton of starters returning next year, so maybe there will be a rematch in 2011!

As a Buckeye fan, I have learned over the past few years to make no big game predictions, but the Rose Bowl went just about eactly as I had thought - in my best case scenario. I figured OSU's defense would weigh heavily on Masoli and that Pryor might just have his "breakout" passing game.

It was a good game to watch for almost the entire time, with hopeful moments for both fanbases, Batman. Like you, I would not be surprised to see them meet again at the end of the 2010 season.

Please continue your domination over USC!

Not my work , but just pulled this off a Yahoo! Sports thread . Pretty good and refreshing considering that ~98% of the posts there are just juvenile smack talk or worse: :D

Once upon a field so dreary,

In New England, cold & weary,

WHere the Ravens and the Patriots

Played football as in days of yore.

Belichik was dressing shabby,

All the fans were being crabby,

Ev'ry time the ball was fumbled,

Given o'er to Baltimore.

'Twas a blowout, nothing more.

"SCORE!" they cried, but they were lacking,

With every Ravens D-line sacking,

ANd once sure-handed recievers

Dropping footballs on the floor,

The fans, they were yeling and grieving,

But very soon they took to leaving

Unable to watch their beloved team

On the short end of the score.

Quoth Ray Lewis, "Nevermore".

Amusingly, too , the AP writer who predicts and gives the betting line on games in our paper here has called ALL this weekend's games completely incorrectly - though the Arizona/GB game is still up in the air - but also not at all matching his prediction . So much for 'experts'. :D

So it came out today that Mark McGwire has finally admitted to taking steroids in 1998. Not that this should come as a surprise or anything, but it's still a pretty major event in the history of the steroid era. But one thing that interests me about the story is that he said he first took steroids in the late 80s, and as far as I know there has never been any suspicion of steroid usage for pre-90s players. It makes me wonder how far back you have to go to truly find the era of "pure" sluggers.

Very sad about Adams.

And you're right about Keading - he must no longer kick for the Chargers. He didn't just miss those kicks, he punched them in the wrong direction. He either got a crazy case of kicker yips or was paid off to blow the game.

Don't jump on the Jets wagon - the Colts will have their way with them.

That wouldn't surprise me since it's the mob capital city of New York we're talking about here.

Actually it seems more plausible that it was a threat against him or his family, rather than money. He has a large enough contract as it is, and wouldn't risk his job for a payment, but the safety of his family, he probably would.