Queen, Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin YOUR CHOICE

EagleEye0

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeppelin!

I love Queen and Floyd too though (I mean, my username here is from a Floyd song, give me some credit). The funny thing about Queen is that EVERYONE seems to like them. Maybe it's just where I live, but the metalheads love them, the kids who listen to rap love them, even the kids who have no interest in rock in general seem to like Queen. Now that is an accomplishment.

"Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. First off, you cannot compare the two. They are apples and oranges."

Truer words were never spoken. It's just nature that you can only compare two identical things. Honestly, what would be the point in comparing two things with different characteristics. Unheard of! But while we're venturing into forbidden depths of poetic devices, here's a nice little comparison: Pink Floyd is good while Led Zepplin for the most part eats sh*t. Apples are red and curvy and taste sweet. Oranges are sperical and taste citricy.

Also, Pink Floyd. As far as I'm concerned, they beat Led Zeppelin on creativity. And no, Led Zeppelin isn't that bad, I just needed the effect. I like them a lot, but they don't measure up at all to Pink Floyd. Queen is very good too though, and some times Queen and Pink Floyd tend to sound very similar (In those theatrical sounding songs, like The Trial, or The Show Must Go On). Plus, Pink Floyd has played in a lot of different style variations, but all with the same string running through. They always have some rich sound, where you can just tell it's them. It's very close between them and The Big Q, but Teh Floyd goes deeper on a personal level for me, so they've got my vote.

My Choice is QUEEN. I would like to hear what others would choose as their favorite of three suggested above (The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Supertramp, Uriah Heep, David Bowiue, Traffic, Electric Light Orchestra, Mott the Hoople, Bad Company, King Crimson, Rainbow, The Police, The Clash, and Elvis Costello are not included in here).

Please don't say, " why isnt ELO in here?" because I am aware of that and I want to takea survey o these three bands only. Greatly Appreciated.

Does anybody else find this post kind of funny? If someone asks you "Who do you like best out of Queen, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin," you probably don't need to be warned not to answer "Elvis Costello!"

Pink Floyd . Rock would've gotten along nicely without Queen ...

I wonder if this survey reveals persons as being more lyrically driven ( Pink Floyd ) , or rythmically driven ( Zeppelin ) or in the middle ( Queen ) ?

Edited by Guest

Fair enough ... and this is a genuinely honest reply ... Queen sucks ! I can't stand nearly any of their songs , hate the way ' We are the Champions' has worked its way into professional sports , and only respect 'Bohemian Rhaposody ' as a decent effort .

Enjoy " Stairway" , but please, don't worship it and try to convert the rest of us ....

Edited by Guest

The first three Queen albums are essentially unknown and amazing. The only big hit iff those three was Killer Queen off Sheer Heart Attack. most casual fans and listeners know little of these three gems, but i think they are three of the best albums i ever heard.

Queen I, Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack. Listen up.

hate the way ' We are the Champions' has worked its way into professional sports

I hate this song... :P but I also hate sports anyway... and I was listening to the first Queen albums yesterday (I found out my sister had them for maybe ten years or more in bottom of a box...) and I loved them...

Though I´m a Pink Floyd fan.