Queen, Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin YOUR CHOICE

EagleEye0

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another One Bites The Dust is the worst crap Queen ever released. The ablum "The Game" also spawned "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" which was uncharacteristically unimaginative, coming from Queen. Other songs on the album, Dragon Attack, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Don't Try Suicide, etc, are all good cuts.

Kevin, Junior:

What did I tell about you picking on the newbies? Pharoah, don't worry about them. You just keep giving me that dollar a day, and they won't bother you. I promise.

And anyone who says that Queen sucks is completely off their rocker. They are one of the most talented and innovative bands ever. Very few can compare to Freddie Mercury's vocals and showmanship. Brian May is one of the top 10 guitarists of all time. John Deacon is a superb bass player. And Roger Taylor is NOT related to the guys from Duran Duran.

However, I CAN see how the opera/kabuki/bordering-on-gay stylings of Mercury and the Boys can become repetitive and irritating at times.

But their best songs are not their hits, but the ones that most people have never heard or have only heard sparingly, such as:

"Spread Your Wings"

"Keep Yourself Alive"

"The Show Must Go On"

Good King Rat"

"All Dead All Dead"

"Tenament Funster"

"Get Down Make Love"

"Tie Your Mother Down"

"Brighton Rock"

"Need Your Lovin' Tonight"

"Dragon Attack"

....and their best ever...."I Want It All"!

Thank you and good night!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Too True. I own all the queen albums live albums, studi albums, and Il Nuce which is pre-Queen material. The first four standout from the rest of their late 70s efforts like The Jazz, The Game, and News of the World. Bu they are still good albums. You caannot early queen stuff to their 80s stuff. Its like apples and oranges

Kevin, Junior:

What did I tell about you picking on the newbies? Pharoah, don't worry about them. You just keep giving me that dollar a day, and they won't bother you. I promise.

"Spread Your Wings"

"Keep Yourself Alive"

"The Show Must Go On"

Good King Rat"

"All Dead All Dead"

"Tenament Funster"

"Get Down Make Love"

"Tie Your Mother Down"

"Brighton Rock"

"Need Your Lovin' Tonight"

"Dragon Attack"

....and their best ever...."I Want It All"!

*Hands you another dollar*

Thanks! :):D

Let me add to that list:

Play The Game

Bohemian Rhapsody (of course)

Now I'm Here

Good Ol' Fashioned Lover Boy (Ya, been mentioned)

We Will Rock You

We Are The Champions

Another One Bites The Dust (The best one! :D)

Under Pressure

A Kind Of Magic

Radio Ga Ga (Second best Queen song, next to Another One Bites the Dust)

And every other song by Queen :)

Too True. I own all the queen albums live albums, studi albums, and Il Nuce which is pre-Queen material. The first four standout from the rest of their late 70s efforts like The Jazz, The Game, and News of the World. Bu they are still good albums. You caannot early queen stuff to their 80s stuff. Its like apples and oranges

*Gasp*

OWN them? That would mean you BUY them!? ARE YOU CRAZY?

*Downloads them for free*

:guitar:

My Choice is QUEEN. I would like to hear what others would choose as their favorite of three suggested above (The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Supertramp, Uriah Heep, David Bowiue, Traffic, Electric Light Orchestra, Mott the Hoople, Bad Company, King Crimson, Rainbow, The Police, The Clash, and Elvis Costello are not included in here).

Please don't say, " why isnt ELO in here?" because I am aware of that and I want to takea survey o these three bands only. Greatly Appreciated.

Edna didn't realize that the survey was only on Pink Floyd, Queen, and Led Zepplin as evident from the quotation above. It's irrelevent for this thread.

Top 15 favorite Queen songs (sure to change by tommorow)

1. Bohemian Rhapsody

2. Procession/Father to Son (technically 2 seperate songs, but whatever)

3. March of the Black Queen

4. Seven Seas of Ryhe

5. Tie your Mother Down

6. Brighton Rock

7. Death on Two Legs

8. It's Late

9. Ogre Battle

10. We Are The Champions

11. Fat Bottomed Girls

12. Bicycle Race

13. Some Day One Day

14. Play the Game

15. In the Lap of the Gods

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I guess I'll make a contribution, although this thread has been dormant for several months.

Even though they are all excellent bands, I have a definite order:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Pink Floyd

3. Queen

I do know them all pretty well, as I own Remasters, Echoes and the Platinum Collection.

Favourite songs from each:

Led Zeppelin:

1. The Rain Song

2. Stairway To Heaven

3. Kashmir

4. Whole Lotta Love

5. No Quarter

Pink Floyd:

1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond

2. High Hopes

3. Comfortably Numb

4. Wish You Were Here

5. Time

Queen:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody

2. Innuendo

3. Somebody To Love

4. Under Pressure

5. Who Wants To Live Forever

I can't believe so many people listed their favourite Queen songs, yet none listed Innuendo. IMO Bohemian Rhapsody and Innuendo are clearly their two best.

Edited by Guest
I DO NOT WISH TO GIVE A REASON!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I do only have a 2-disc set of Queen's greatest hits which I couldnt' believe how good they were until I heard this, I have Led's box set on mp3 and a lot of Floyd's albums, so I love them all on their own level, but....Pink Floyd stretches and wins the race with probably one of my all time favorite theme albums, The Wall

• 1 month later...