So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

HEY ! Some of us make a living as rippers of those pre-ripped jeans ! :beady: I've got a degree in it ; are you saying I wasted my money and college years ?!?! A LOT of thought goes into just where and how much ripping is necessary , you know ! Meetings , meetings and more meetings .

I also work in a sneaker sweat shop . PLEASE send Michael Moore or someone to expose this travesty ! ... gotta go ! here comes the foreman ! (HELP ! )

I have been thinking for the last two days about a friend I went to school with dying. He was a doctor and specialized in oncology. His dad, who died from cancer while we were still quite young, was also a doctor, and was instrumental in starting the paramedic program in Pasadena back in the 70's. My friend had horrible eyesight (I used to think he would die in a car crash after numerous scary rides with him) but what did him is was a massive stroke. This was after he had survived a heart transplant and complications from that procedure. Anyway, this has been a reminder for me to not let things that need to be done or said go undone or unsaid. You may not get another chance. RIP, Brian.

Sorry for your loss, Marc. A friend is one of the most important reasons to live. I know how you feel, I have many friends and I have lost many a friend...

The above words brought tears to my eyes.

Marc, please know that you're not alone in these difficult times.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess it is just a fact of life....the longer you live, the more people you know and care about leave us. Over the last twenty years, there have been a lot, and most of them very suddenly (and often violently.) Makes my temporary crown falling out AGAIN seem less important. I guess in the grand scheme of things it is. I will follow my own advice and remember the good times and not focus on the end.

That's the worst part of growing old, Marc.

Seeing those that you care about pass away.

It's one part of life that I'll never understand because it hurts each and every time.

There's nothing much I can say other than you're not alone.

The sun will rise tomorrow and hopefully it'll be a brighter day.

All my best,

Marcus

I know simple song lyrics can't make the realities of life go away. But, when I'm down and I start thinking about friends dying, people I never see anymore and all the bad things...this song makes me think about some of things that make me happy and what I should be doing instead of feeling sad:

Do It Again - The Beach Boys

It's automatic when I

Talk with old friends

The conversation turns to

Girls we knew when their

Hair was soft and long and the

Beach was the place to go

Suntanned bodies and

Waves of sunshine the

California girls and a

Beautiful coastline

Warmed up weather

Let's get together and

Do it again

With a girl the lonely sea looks good

Makes your nighttimes warm and out of sight

Been so long

(Hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now)

(Hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now)

Well I've been thinking 'bout

All the places we've surfed and danced and

All the faces we've missed so let's get

Back together and do it again

Ow!

During the graduation ceremony yesterday, my oldest daughter says to me "who is grandpa talking to?"....I said looks like a reporter for the newspaper...she says "Oh No"...lol....so when my father in law came back to sit down, he says " I just got interviewed!...he asked me who I was here to see graduate, and what was her major"....then my father in law says "I told him she's taking, nursing, right?"...I said "no, her major is human services"....then he says "Oh, well she should be a nurse, they make good money ya know?.... :doh: .... We had to go tell the reporter to change his notes...LOL