So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

"American Way" used to refer to a lifestyle of ultimate accomplishment based upon reliance of an individual's expressions for/adherance to self-governance, the aid of formed alliances (be they family, friends or an amalgam) and tangible support from a like-minded, appreciative community.

This "way" formed the path to untold creative and flexible lifestyles of success that enriched the fabric of life in America and ultimately the world.

It is also the "way" that is morphing incrementally sharper and deforming deeper, from the ever increasing presence and weight of external government along its veins. The meaning and example of the essential "American Way" is sadly, slowly, becoming nearly unrecognizible.

well, in that cast, it looks like maybe I have an Irish traveling companion after my Italian trip with Laurie! :grin: You in?

I'd be worried that you both might be underwhelmed by Dublin, I am anyway. But if you've never been before, I'm sure that you'd both probably like to go to a pub, know what they are?

I just love America, I actually do need to find an American girl who loves my country, because I don't.

I'd be worried that you both might be underwhelmed by Dublin, I am anyway. But if you've never been before, I'm sure that you'd both probably like to go to a pub, know what they are?

I just love America, I actually do need to find an American girl who loves my country, because I don't.

Put on your thickest brogue and the girls will run after you :angel: (or so I have been told)

Put on your thickest brogue and the girls will run after you

Absolutely, that will do it for you every time. Girls (me too) just love that. Ireland always seems very romantic. Read lots of Maeve Binchy, and then make sure you go around talking like her characters, using terms that the American girls have never heard of. They'll be drooling, I guarantee. ;)

another random conversation with my son today... I was telling him about the "cliques" from my high school days, that we had the jocks (football players), soc's (socialites - cheerleaders, etc.), drama geeks, loadies (smokers, druggies), fish (swim team). So I ask him about the "cliques" at his school, are there any?

He says, "Yeah, Mom. The Mexicans hang out over here, and the black kids hang out over there, then there are the Asians and the Caucasians..."

:doh: