Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band chose the name "Die Ärzte" because, to their knowledge, no other band in Germany or anywhere used the letter Ä, and when they went into a (record) store they missed this letter. They did not seek any affiliation with medical issues whatsoever - a fact that was all too often forgotten by journalists and bootleg manufacturers, who included wordplays and allusions to hospitals, medicine, surgery etc. in article headers and record titles.

;) :P

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack hit stores on this day back in 1977....come on admitt it you have a copy somewhere at home! :)

I have it on vinyl, eight-track, and cassette. I love that album. I haven't listened to it about 20 years, but I still love it. Tavares rocks!!

If you think about it, though, the movie itself was kind of goofy....except for the part where they started barking like dogs at the White Castle. We did something similar at a Burger King once.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

Today in a bookstore I looked at a book entitled Great Family Singalong Songs {or something like that}. Along with the lyrics for House of the Rising Sun was included the theory that the song was about a women's prison featuring suns as wall decoration.

My questions are~

1-Has anyone else heard the women's prison theory?

2-How doesHouse of the Rising Sun qualify as a family singalong song?