Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just started reading this book - The Last Party - all about Britpop and such (I like it lots already). I'm up to about...1991-92, and it seems to me that the Blur-Suede feud is quite a huge deal. Suede kinda outstripped Blur when they came up and the way it's portrayed, I'm all for them (Suede, not Blur). Also they have nicer hair. And Albarn and gang are kinda... mean. I'm not liking them. Musically and in terms of personality I give props to Pulp, Suede and Oasis before them.

Edited by Guest
put in link

I never knew the theme to the Godfather had words to it...I have always loved the instrumental...but I heard Andy Williams sing the words to this and it's called "Speak Softly Love"....beautiful lyrics....I liked it alot...and Andy Williams voice was perfect for this song....I'll post lyrics in Random Lyrics...

Ever be driving along, lost in your thoughts, and you forget we're not in the '90s anymore? I was grooving along to Harvey Danger and thinking this Internet thing might be a big deal when the radio station announced that Pearl Jam was coming to Hartford and I could get lawn seats through Ticketmaster for $48.

Nothing breaks the '90s spell quite like overpriced Pearl Jam tickets that can only be purchased through Ticketmaster.

:(