Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: I still remember in 7th grade when I first discovered AC/DC, and got a copy of Highway To Hell. I was blasting it on my room (on the 2nd floor of the house) while my mom went out for a walk. She came back and demanded that I turn it down. Apparently she could hear it from about a block down the street. :rockon:

There were some, but it does seem to be a male-dominated industry. I'm not sure why. Even if the lead singer is female the band behind her is mostly (if not all) males. I can't imagine it had anything to do with the turn of the century when women couldn't vote and later couldn't drive because we had a wonderful singer here in Canada (a french singer, but great just the same) who started out at the beginning of the 1900's with albums, etc. Even her band was male, though... :crazy:

I'm sure you didn't :D

Random music thought:

is it me or is playing in a band is 'guy' stuff, I mean there aren't much all girl bands today..

bands that actually make and play their own music (not like pussycat dolls or something :P )

The Donnas are a great current all girl band.

What I like about today's music is there are more and more mixed gender bands like Rilo Kiley and Tillie and the Wall.

I can't remember where I saw/read it, but there was a great article/show on how men use guitars as an extension of their... uh... joy stick. Not meaning in a sexual way, but, depending on the guy, how he plays it and what sort of guitar he has.

Maybe that's it... women don't need that sort of "extension." :grin: