Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that's it... women don't need that sort of "extension." :grin:

That's because women can drop their pants almost anywhere and get applauded. A guy does it, he ends up in the Big House. So a guy has to use the "symbolic" form of exposing himself.

But the real reason music is a male-dominated field is because...

....women give up much too easily.

A guy can stay unemployed for 20 years while trying to make it big. The average chick just can't hold out that long. Maybe a year or two...three years tops. PATIENCE just isn't in a woman's vocabulary.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

In principle it was the wikipedia syndrom

see here

I was looking for the name of a certain instrument (Cabasa) and came across percussion instruments, among others xylophone and marimba...

and if you read these two articles you'll notice that there's next to nothing about the differences of these, obviously very closely related, instruments

:)

btw, new random thought

a guy in my region invented a cabasa that can be played per foot :grin:

That's because women can drop their pants almost anywhere and get applauded. A guy does it, he ends up in the Big House. So a guy has to use the "symbolic" form of exposing himself.

But the real reason music is a male-dominated field is because...

....women give up much too easily.

A guy can stay unemployed for 20 years while trying to make it big. The average chick just can't hold out that long. Maybe a year or two...three years tops. PATIENCE just isn't in a woman's vocabulary.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

Wow. I'm blown away that a few of these>> :susel: :susel: :susel: wasn't thrown your way from the women folk around here after those comments. But I guess they just didn't have the patience. :P

Wow. I'm blown away that a few of these>> :susel: :susel: :susel: wasn't thrown your way from the women folk around here after those comments. But I guess they just didn't have the patience. :P

I don't have the patience for this sort of chatter. I'll be out cutting the grass with a razor blade should anyone need anything.

I have to review an Aussie reference book for my assignment so I picked on Music and Dance in Australia. I made the conscious decision of citing Cold Chisel as an example of bands that are mentioned frequently (seven times) but do not have individual entries. I'm actually quite shocked that there is no mention whatsoever of The Church. :shocked: :shocked:

I have to review an Aussie reference book for my assignment so I picked on Music and Dance in Australia. I made the conscious decision of citing Cold Chisel as an example of bands that are mentioned frequently (seven times) but do not have individual entries. I'm actually quite shocked that there is no mention whatsoever of The Church. :shocked: :shocked:

:shocked: :shocked:

Some Australian bands aren't any more popular here than overseas. :(