Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it the same way with "Sweet"...I always thought it was "Sweet"...but I've seen it as The Sweet also...

yes, but in that case there's an official explanation:

"Sweet" were referred to as "The Sweet" on albums before 1974 and singles before 1975

does anyone know if something like that applies for the Ramones too?

or is it "call 'em as you want"? :grin:

Yeah it happenings with a few different bands. The Smashing Pumpkins were just "Smashing Pumpkins" on their first two albums and the most current album, but for the rest of them they were "The Smashing Pumpkins.

On one of The Cure's albums it just says "Cure" with no The.

I have a tape player in my car, I still have a ton of tapes, also have a CD player, and go back on forth on which one I listen to. I do not in any way miss my 8-tracks...especially when it changed track in the middle of the song!! :P

Oh I have tons of tapes too. No way was I going to buy CD's to replace them all. I'm far to cheap for that :P:P

I just watched a video for a country song that a friend suggested I check out, it is by Sugarland, one of the better new country groups. He told me about it because of the lead singers voice, she has a great powerful voice. But the song, wow, it just hits your heart hard. Check it out.

Stay ~ Sugarland

The lead singer of Sugarland is Jennifer Nettles and yes she has some pipes. I'm sure you heard her with Bon Jovi on a song called "Who Says You Can't Go Home". Another tear jerker from them is a song from their first album called "Just Might(Make Me Believe).Check it out.