Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I was at an 18th party this weekend.

've been liking a particular girl for a while. I didn't get totally wasted (never, ever again). I got a bit tipsy though from 2 cans of Bulmers, nothing fancy. So that just meant that I was alot more sociable and talked faster and less monotonous.

There was a marquee with music in it. Everyone was dancing crazily with everyone, I had such a great laugh. I even got to dance with tihs girl briefly a few times. But that's not the point, because everyone did; everyone danced with everyone.

My point here is that since I was tipsy, I talked to a few people about how I kinda liked her. I'm not the sorta guy who would "get with" a girl at a party, I actually would like a relationship with this girl. So I was telling 2 of her guy friends, and some other lads and lassie's, about 5 or 6 people in total anyway, you know how word spreads around parties about everything that happened and was said at them, and for a few days after it.

So from getting the bus home the next day with a few people at the party (her included). She seemed a bit awkward around me, and today in school. And when my friend John in english class was asking did I "get with" and "birds" at the party, I said no. This girl was sitting beside him at the time, and he was nudging her.

So my guess is that she knows, since her friends probably told her. I also found out at the party that she likes this other guy in school who wasn't at the party. Oh well. It's too late now to tell her friends in my tipsy state that I was looking for a relationship with her.

So what I am asking is: what do I do now? Do I stay away from her, do I just go on like I normally would? Is there anything else that I can do about it?

floyd...been awhile since I was that young and when I was I was forward for a chick, if I liked a guy I told him, and took it from there...but you told her friends and I'm sure she knows you are interested, but if she likes another guy, you might just want to sit and wait for awhile...just to see if anything happens there or if she lets you know she is interested in you. Don't be pushy, that is not good. Be yourself, guys who try to impress are the ones who turn out to be phony and chick don't dig that at all.

I agree with Jane 100%. Although we're a couple of old broads :grin: it never seems to change. I remember when I was 15 I found out a guy liked me, and I was soooo embarrassed and awkward around him after that. Probably just because suddenly I knew that he was watching me and I became very self-conscious.

Lay low for a while, don't change how you're acting around her, she most definitely knows now, and your best clue with how to proceed will be how she acts around you and what happens or doesn't happen with the other guy.

It intrigues me that the two women who responded said the same thing, and all the guys who responded said the same different thing.

I had a conversation just yesterday with a guy who I'm afraid I offended when the topic of the differences between the way men and women think came up... I think this little experiment proves it. :beatnik:

I have to agree with RonJon (who, as usual, is right) and UncleJoe. Tell her what you feel. Forget about the party. Things that are said after 3 am and in a tipsy state shouldn´t be considered as much too serious.If she likes another guy then maybe you won´t have a chance, or maybe she´ll change her mind... I used to change my mind a bit quite often at that age... :cool: so go ahead.

I wouldn't go to a party. I'd just stay home and eat a Snickers. Maybe if I was in a bad mood I'd shoot myself, but not anywhere fatal, like maybe the backside of my legs since those are real fatty and don't have any bones on 'em. And then maybe I'd call someone from school to see how they're doing.

:beatnik: :sleepy: