Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, one of my ex-gf's and I started out hating each other. For no other reason than we didn't know each other and she didn't like my type. Eventually (I don't remember how) we actually spoke and once the awkwardness was over we found we really connected. I am still friends with her to this day, although she now lives on the east coast. :grin:

You never know how or when Floyd, so relax! Chicks are like bears: they can smell nervousness and fear. Just let it happen, don't force anything.

Thank you to everyone for astutely ignoring my stoopid post on Wednesday night, in which I implied that Floydaholic may have an autistic spectrum disorder. I had been drinking alcohol at the time and the post was ill-conceived. However, with hindsight, I believe that drunkenness is no excuse for such lack of sensitivity. As a parent of an autistic child, I should know better than most that autism and ASDs are no laughing matter.

Humblest apologies for any offence caused. :blush:

Well...unfortunately not always Floyd. Sometimes love can be a one way street. But don't give up and don't try so hard, it will find you when it is meant to be, whether it's a very special friendship or a very special love. Believe sometimes it happens when you least expect it and that makes it more wonderful.

Thanks for the deadly advice. It still makes me a bit sad though sometimes, because I don't really have any special friendships at the moment. I only ever really had one friend that was a girl that I was very close with, but I fecked that up. But now it looks like things might be improving again, so that's something to hope for.

You never know how or when Floyd, so relax! Chicks are like bears: they can smell nervousness and fear. Just let it happen, don't force anything.

Thanks for the good advice, I never really thought of it in that way before. I'm not a patient person in general, so it is a bit of a struggle.