Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, 2 days ago I walked into the rec room for 6th years. And lo and behold! there's the girl I like with 2 of our mutual friends. Now, they were teasing her and me about me liking her. Again, I fail to capitalise much on that. And when they leave me and her at the table alone, I say nothing, I froze! What an idiot I am. They even came back, and left again, but no, I was lost for words. I was thinking of things to say to her or ask her, but nothing would come out. A moment like that probably won't happen for a very long time again! She did say good bye to me though.

Don't think you're strange or anything for doing this. Words never pop out of my mouth when they need to. So, yeah, I'm like you in that way, but worse. :crazy:

floyd....write her a poem. It doesn't have to be over the top romantic, but express your feelings for her in a poem. It is a sentimental gesture and it may break the ice a little bit more, give it a try. :)

Wow, that's a really good idea, thanks very much for the advice! I'll start working on that as soon as I can. How do you get inspired to write poetry? I don't really know what inspires me greatly yet, but maybe this will be it. How would I give it to her though? I'd be so nervous, not that I amn't already! She said bye to me today, but was walking bye pretty quickly, I said goodbye too.

I'm playing in chapel (a building where the whole school gathers every morning) in 3 weeks on a Thursday. They have one morning where someone can playing a song, and I'm writing one, and of course I'm using this girl for my muse. Do you think that's a good idea too? It's a happy rock song, I'll try get a video of it when I play it.

Say 'hi :cool: '

Thanks for the tip! :)

I actually should do that more often.

Well, at least I'm not the only one it happens to! :D

• 1 month later...

Tough one there floyd...it won't happen overnight or even in a few months. Be with friends and family if you can and get by the best you can each day. I won't say never think about the person, that won't happen, but try not to let them consume your thoughts, find something to focus your attention on that you enjoy. Will it end the pain, no but will make it bareable to a point. And some people you never get over, they will always be with you but just put on that shelf in your heart. I feel for you, I truly do.

Thanks for the advice Jane and edna, that really helps a lot. I'm talking about the girl I like at the moment of course, and it just seems pointless to me now, since I made the risk/mistake of letting it out that I liked her, even though I havn't really talked to her much. But before all this, she was fine around me. It just goes to show me that if a girl is nice to you, that doesn't mean that you should advance on it, which I did. I didn't play it cool, I played it desperate.

I know what you mean by people staying in your heart. It's a strange feeling because when I see these girls sometimes, those old feelings and hurt seem to re-appear again, only for the ones where it hurt the most does it hurt the most again. For instance, the girl I seriously liked last year, I still sometimes go on to her Bebo and look at her pictures and comments that people leave her, and vice versa. She has a boyfriend now. I don't really understand why I still care that much.

I am trying new things at the moment; I started to learn the drums 2 months ago, and I'm hanging out with other friends in school more, but sometimes it doesn't seem to be enough, know what I mean? For instance, she'd walk into English (my only class with her) and my mood would change, I'd get nervous and anxious, and feel like an idiot for what I've done.

Last night there was the school Christmas dinner, and after there was a "rave" in one of the school halls. I had an amazing time, I really came out of my shell. I was even in the centre of a few circles, pulling out some neat moves and everyone cheering me, including this girl. She danced with me for a moment or two at the start because people know that I fancy her. I was wary of her troughout the dance, even when I couldn't see her.

Am I making sense at all?

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.

Some people stay for a while, and move our souls to dance.

They awaken us to a new understanding,

leave footprints on our hearts,

and we are never, ever the same.

~ Flavia ~

When I first read this, I thought the author was Flava. As in Flava Flav. I never knew he was so deep. :laughing:

Floyd, good to hear you are getting into new things like the drums and hanging out with other friends.

At your age feelings and emotions are so delicate, love is confusing and it seems like you will never figure out what to do right, but it will all fall into place on it's own. And it's ok to feel so serious about your feelings, people need to explore whatever feelings they are going through, keeping them inside or just ignoring them isn't good.

So enjoy your friends, bang on those drums, and when your feelings seem to get the better of you, write them down...get them out and then go back to the drums, your friends, family...whatever, but promise me you won't just keep everything bottled up.

• 5 weeks later...

Floyd, good to hear you are getting into new things like the drums and hanging out with other friends.

At your age feelings and emotions are so delicate, love is confusing and it seems like you will never figure out what to do right, but it will all fall into place on it's own. And it's ok to feel so serious about your feelings, people need to explore whatever feelings they are going through, keeping them inside or just ignoring them isn't good.

So enjoy your friends, bang on those drums, and when your feelings seem to get the better of you, write them down...get them out and then go back to the drums, your friends, family...whatever, but promise me you won't just keep everything bottled up.

Sorry about the long delay to a reply, but thank you very much. I'm starting to feel better about it, a bit foolish sometimes. School is actually getting me more down than the whole girl thing at the moment. Thanks very much for the encouragement and understanding :thumbsup:

:laughing: And so true...I've always wondered why men can fall asleep the minute they hit the pillow, that's when "the nothing" box comes into play....absolutely nothing on their minds....

This isn't a phenomena tied to sleep. I oft been ask'd by the opposite sex what I am thinking at the moment and I get this "deer-in-front-of-headlights" expression on my face trying to come up with something funny and witty to say.