Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions:

What are the origins of the expression: "Hey, pull my finger!"?

And, why are men so gassy?

It's a little known fact, but the origin of finger pulling to release excess flatulence goes all the way back to prehistoric times. Cavemen, while sitting around their mesmerizing new discovery called "fire", would regularly compete in feats of strength and intelligence, in an attempt to command the respect of their fellow men and to turn the heads of their female counterparts.

One late night, while the fire was slowly dwindling and most of the cave men and women were especially crocked from an extended session of toad-licking, one of the larger men (who went by the name of Grogg...no last name, just Grogg), decided he wanted to keep the party going until morning.

Grogg, who just happened to find the biggest toad and was a bit more sh*tfaced than the others, tripped over a rock. While Grogg was falling to the ground, another party-goer named Chunga (also no last name, just Chunga), desperately reached to help his friend. Chunga saved Grogg from hitting the ground (and several other rocks) by grabbing Grogg's finger and pulling him back to a standing position. In the attempt to pull himself upright, Grogg strained and released what, up until that time, had been the loudest and longest fart on record. The expulsion rekindled the nearly dead fire and, in the process, set Chunga's brother, Togar, on fire, and slightly singed a few of the party-goers.

**Adding to the intensity of the blast was the fact that, during the party, Grogg had eaten a dozen spicy pterodactyl wings and drunk an eight-pack of pony bottles of Miller Genuine Draft...the combination of which has been known to generate enough energy to provide light to an entire 40-story building. (And just for the record, Togar also has no last name....just Togar.)

Mistakenly, the Cavemen made a direct connection between the finger and the flatulence, and decided to turn it into a contest. The men were separated into teams of two; one teammate would bend forward at the waist with his buttocks facing the fire, while the second would tightly grasp his teammate's finger and pull. The team that created the largest explosion was victorious and would get their choice of women to club that evening.

As for your second question: Men are gassy because they eat a lot of chicken wings and drink a lot of beer. Duh. :doh:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

• 3 weeks later...

[big]The Joy Of Sex(ism)[/big]

Computer Store | Reykjavik, Iceland

Link

(I’m a 28 year old female and work for a computer store. I’m alone in the store when a middle-aged man walks in.)

Me: “Hi there, can I help you?â€

Customer: “Are there any computer guys around here?â€

Me: “Just me at the moment, anything I can help you with?â€

Customer: *tries to look behind me to the stock room and repair area* “Well, aren’t there any computer GUYS here?â€

Me: “No. Look, is there anything I can help you with?â€

Customer: “Well um…I need this fixed.†*holds a multimedia jukebox*

Me: “Well, I work in repairs as well so just tell me what’s wrong with it and I’ll take a look at it for you.â€

Customer: “Listen, I just need to talk to a computer guy! I did everything right. I put the hard disk in but it still won’t work. Just get a guy to fix it!â€

Me: “Well, the most common mistake is when people forget to format the hard disk. I can have that fixed in 5 minutes.â€

Customer: “Yeah sure. Get one of the tech GUYS to do it and call me when it’s ready.â€

Me: “Sure, no problem.â€

(I went back and of course he hadn’t formatted the disk. I fix it and call the guy who shows up immediately.)

Me: “Here you go. As I thought you had just forgotten to format the disk. I did that for you and it’s working fine now.â€

Customer: “No, that can’t have been the problem. I KNOW computers.â€

Me: “Well, this isn’t a computer, and it’s a common mistake to make when you put the hard disk in yourself. Anyway, I fixed it for you so everything should be fine now.â€

Customer: “Look, isn’t there a computer GUY I could talk to?â€

Me: *losing will to live and considering a sex change*

Personally, I would trust a woman more than a man when it comes to fixing computers. I just don't want them driving the car when I'm in it.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

HA!!! :cool: I´m the office... When I turned on the computer, my mouse just wouldn´t work at all... there was a guy talking with my boss and he kindly said "wait, I´ll see what happens". He saw and tried but my mouse refused to obey. When he gave up fifteen minutes after, I tried to fix it and got my mouse working again it in less than 2 minutes... :cool:

No, it wasn´t unplugged... :shades:

I´m a very bad driver though... :P

• 1 month later...