What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What grinds my gears? WHAT GRINDS ME GEARS?! Seeing some fat-arse with a handicap plate which allows it to park anywhere they damn well please. Being a gargantuan tub of lard is not a handicap or disability - alls ya gotta do is stop shoveling so much damn food into your trough and move a little (say, perhaps at the end of the parking lot?).

The ridiculous show "Whale Wars" wehere these a**holes actually throw acid bottles onto decks or gasoline bombs , water cannons .

The whales being hunted are in no means by in danger of extinction and the crews have to put up with these reality TV jerks acting superman -or terrorist . I'd say a broadside and watching them sinking and drowning would make good tv , no different that Somali pirates . Reality . Whales have been protected reasonably since the 1970's ... there are tons of them out there .

Edited by Guest
tsk tsk

:laughing: I hauled an entire overloaded shopping cart to one of those lanes once. The sign had been turned and I didn't see it. So the clerk never said anything, then the people behind me started in with loud sighs and shoving forward to put their stuff on the puller-thingy. Finally, after almost everything is checked through, my son says, "Uh, mom, I don't think we were supposed to be in this aisle." I look up and see the sign. :doh:

Most whale species are still threatened, if not endangered, which gives them full protection of the law.

'Most ' - but not all- and under such scrutiny , it's unlikely they'll go after that which is endangered . Agreed ?

Anyway , the point is should , for entertainment purposes , a channel round up a bunch of 'G7' protesters or the like - disturbed youth , in other words - and have them attack ships for ratings ? :stars:

GMAC still hasn't decided whether or not they want to grace me with their services to get my new vehicle. It's been 7 days today, and they're still d*cking around trying to decide if my POI is worthy. If it weren't for the completely insane deal I'll be getting from the dealer, I'd just pull my app and go to Nissan.

I'm sorry to all of the above, that sounds awful.

My insurance company, yesterday they tell me they will replace my stereo as long as I have box or receipt, Then today they tell me that I have to pay a $500 deductible. I can get a replacement much cheaper on my own and the police already scanned my car for DNA and got the serial number.

/ incoherent rambling

My husband is sick, his leg won' t let him walk or sleep or anything but he' s joking about that and refuses to go to see a doctor. He doesn' t want me to call an ambulance cause he says that very ambulance might be saving a life while they are here healing his leg and he doesn' t want to live with that thought... :stars: spanish sense of humour! :doh:

The owners of the company I work for have purchased another company and are attempting to merge the two under one roof so to speak, a fact they only revealed to us about 3 weeks ago with little to no details about how it would happen. Cross-training for certain employees myself included starts tomorrow and we're supposed to ready to go by Monday. I got about 30 pages of policy, procedures and product descriptions to go through tonight.

I'm on here now procrastinating the inevitable cramming session...

I wanted to go to the movies tomorrow night to see "The Taking Of Pelham 123".....I love, love, love Denzel Washington, and along with John Travolta I figure it should be good...What grinds my gears is that I found out it's about a subway train in NYC that gets hijacked...I'm going to be riding on a subway train in NYC next month for the very first time...If I see this, I'll probably be paranoid about going.... :crazy:

I can sympathize with you, Blue Angel. My company is in the process of a merger and I don't know if I'll even have a job in a few months.

Finding a job up here in the booneys is not that easy......anyone got a tip on a good horse or what the next lottery numbers are going to be?

Edited by Guest

My husband is sick, his leg won' t let him walk or sleep or anything but he' s joking about that and refuses to go to see a doctor. He doesn' t want me to call an ambulance cause he says that very ambulance might be saving a life while they are here healing his leg and he doesn' t want to live with that thought... :stars: spanish sense of humour! :doh:

I just spent a good part of my day in the Emergency room with my DH edna. We ended up having him taken by ambulance mainly because of road work and I would have never have gotten through.

We're not sure if he got food poising from our dinner out last night or if it is a very, very bad flu. We had Mexican and he had some fish dish. He is ok I think and resting right now so I think he'll make it.

In the mean time, the sun is shining, the winds not blowing (for a change) and I'm stuck inside :(