What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am feeling bitter, I have a feeling like evil people always win and good people eventually have to shut up and accept the facts. I must be growing old or maybe I'm just sick. I always said that life was worth it but now I just feel like the devil is ruling the world.

Being hungry and not having any money to go anywhere. I guess I'll eat soup and a grilled cheese.

We often feel like that at home :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So we have lots of friends who bring pizzas for dinner and we go to their places for lunch... ;)

What grinds my gears today is being totally screwed over by my bosses in front of their boss. We scored relatively low on an inspection of the area that I'm in charge of today, because:

a) the people on the previous shift steadfastly refuse to do their job properly and on time which leaves a whole bunch of work for me to do in less time since management has decided to cut hours to cut costs so now I have just as much work to do but less time to do it in. (And of course the other shifts' hours have not been cut, so they got more time than me to do their job.)

B) my bosses figure they have enough to handle so they don't bother following proper procedures and and protocols that they alone are responsible to follow. Instead they just don't do it, worse, they don't give me what I would need to do it for them, and then they expect me to deal with the fallout

c) and finally the worse thing is the other person I share the responsibilities with usually scores high on inspection even though the things we were penalized for today have always been. Even other employees were completely unaware that these things were important since NO other inspector EVER pointed them out, until today of course. Different inspectors, different rules and I got stuck with the one who noticed the things that I had no idea were supposed to be in place and I had no control over the fact that they weren't.

What a rant! Sorry, but honestly I've not been this upset and embarrassed in a long time.

BlueAngel, like it or not, with the way things are in your office (or whatever it is), it sounds as though basically you have been set up to fail, which happens oh-so-often, if you don't take the control that you can.

I'd request a meeting with whomever your direct supervisor is, and explain, that above all you want, and need to be successful, and that your success is their success. First however, you actually have to have the tools to be so. Without the tools (whatever they may be, people, time, knowledge, etc) to do the job it will never be successful, which is the end resilt everyone wants.

So I'd approach whomever, and just let them know that rather than being upset, or embarrassed, you'd prefer to be in a position so that this never happens again..... and in turn makes everyone happy. You'd be surprised how helpful that approach can be.

Edited by Guest

I know how that is BlueAngel....It's not very professional for a supervisor/boss to discuss issues in front of others...This has happened to me before so I know how you feel....I did as Lucky had advised....Ask to set up a meeting with your supervisor....it does help quite a bit, and it shows them that you care about your job and your performance....

on my way home from school today, on a very busy street, my truck made a loud whining noise, then sounded like something was thumping and I thought one of my tires had come off! So after I crapped my pants, I pulled into a side road, checked the tires, and they looked fine. I knocked on the door of the house I was next to, and they allowed me into their bathroom to change my drawers.

Then I drove my truck (using back roads) the rest of the 4 miles or so home, during which I discovered the a/c was not only not working, but blowing out hot air, as if the heater was on instead of the vent or the a/c.

So, I checked the serptentine belt that Andy told me to check, and it's still there, and the engine seems to be purring nice a quietly. But the vent is blowing hot hot air when the fan is on. The engine, however, is not getting overheated.

Like I need the expense of a car fix now? Don't the powers that be know I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY?!?!?!? I mean, I took the red X post-it off my forehead weeks ago. I thought that would do the trick.

a/c wouldn't be a big deal to me, honestly, unless it's over 100 degrees out. Which it is. Plus, since I know nothing about cars, now I'm terrified I'll be on the freeway tomorrow and the engine will just explode. Or cease. I hate cars. Almost as much as I hate computers.

Like I need the expense of a car fix now? Don't the powers that be know I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY?!?!?!?

wow, I hope some angel or fair fixes your car, Shawna. Or a friend... :cool:

I have a long list of fragile situations that can turn to worse too... :P :P :P

I'm going down to the dealership this morning to see about trading in the beast. It's a lease and I need to get something else anyway, although it wasn't going to be for a few months yet.

What grinds my gears today is that my classmates are all getting together after class today to go to lunch - without me. And I arranged it! But since I wasn't comfortable driving the truck all the way to school, I didn't go today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My forgetful stupidity.

This morning I lost my mail key, I thought I dropped it outside and searched frantically. After no results, I posted flyers offering a reward if found. Finally after looking around my house for 2 hours, I found it underneath the TV remote.

Later this afternoon, I got a request about somebody finding a key that I have never seen before.

Then I rented Taxi Driver with De Niro (thanks to Shawna's non-recommendation :D ) An hour ago, I opened up the case to watch it and noticed it wasn't in there, so I thought they had forgot to include it. I went back to the video store and argued with the clerk about it, nothing. When I got home, it turned out to be in my computer's drive because I forgot I was dubbing it over to disc. :doh:

Don' t worry, in three weeks you'll be free... and time flies... ;)

The workers. Down, at the first floor. They start at 8 am and I work till late so I go to sleep at midnight or so. Not that I need 12 hours sleep but I get up at 5, make breakfast and then go back to bed... they make such an awful and loud noise :stars: :stars: :stars: I hope they won´t be working on Saturday, my husband wakes up at 5 am to work and he wants to sleep a little bit more on the weekends (and me too!)

I went out to my car earlier, and noticed the driver side window had been punched in numerous times. Both of my car stereos had been stolen and excess damage to my car, including blood stains. I called the police and had them dust off for fingerprints. Now I have to call the insurance company in the morning.

I went out to my car earlier, and noticed the driver side window had been punched in numerous times. Both of my car stereos had been stolen and excess damage to my car, including blood stains. I called the police and had them dust off for fingerprints. Now I have to call the insurance company in the morning.

Wasn't your car just stolen not too long ago?

Dissertation... deadlines... stress... confusion... pressure... information overload and general blurred vision. What are these 8000 words saying? What am I trying to say?! I have 3 days to figure that out, to move stuff around, make things sound more thesisy, less journalismy and actually reach a conclusion and thus make a 'contribution to scholarship' (or something cool like that)

sorry for stealing your thunder, MC - this is just really, really, really annoying me :stars: :confused: :stars:

Shawna, it sort of sounds as though your heater core went out (yes it also involves the a/c), which is a pain. Good thing your car is a lease, have you gotten something different yet?

I'm thinking of trading my car, too. It's only two years old, and runs really great, but it was a rental car before I bought it, so it has a lot of miles. We are very good about the preventive maintenance, oil changes etc, but I'd like to move on before I start hearing loud noises, and the miles prohibit getting anything for it in trade. :P

yeah, I'm working on getting something else right now. But GMAC keeps wanting more and more information (this has been going on since Wednesday) and as of last night they were still "reviewing" my info. Now they're closed for the weekend, so the absolute soonest I will know is Monday. I'm so sick of the runaround. Meanwhile, I have no a/c, I haven't even made my May 20th payment in anticipation of turning in this truck, and I may have to do this all over again? GMAC bites ass.