What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rhianna /Chris Brown case . Who are these useless fu*ks , anyway ? And what is it all about ?

Ladies - hounestly - you have never pissed off someone to the point that they may want to smack you -fondly ? Vice vera to the lads - you are dicks and you know it .

The Part D drug program for seniors. This is such an illustration of the need for restructuring Americas' health care system. When this plan was developed and put into place (under Clinton, but give Bush most of the credit) it was considered a great thing, and for the most part it is ... but.

Folks are given a yearly drug spend allowance of (this year) $2700 total for drug coverage. That $2700 is the cash price for medications. Do you know how far that amount goes in today's world? For many, about this far. Many individuals are now hitting that magic number, 3 months into the year. What happens when you hit that mark? You're done. No coverage for you for the rest of the year!

I don't know who I'm more upset with, the government for putting such ridicualous limits on the plan, or doctors for prescribing sometimes unecessary designer drugs, when perfectly good generics are out there that will do the same thing. I spend most of my day explaining to unsuspecting older folks how this thing works, and how they can actually make the most of their $2700 allowance. There just has to be a better way. I speak to these people on the phone each day, and oftentimes they are in tears when the conversation is done. It's so very sad, and it kills me to deliver news like that. It's like sorry, you've hit the "hole" no more medication for you .... unless you don't want to eat this month. :P

Oh yes, we hear things, but shoot, there are so very many things that need to be worked on. Who knows when this may be addressed? People should not be forced to choose between life saving medications and food or heat. It's not right, these people deserve more respect than that. :P

My MIL is afraid to use generics...she claims using a generic almost killed her (she IS quite overdramatic, though). Maybe that's the case with some other seniors. People can get really set in their ways as they age.

I do agree with you, though, Lucky. The system we have definitely needs tweaking. I work for a pharmaceutical company, so I know the reason why drugs are so expensive, but it still stinks to hear of things like this.

Edited by Guest

I don't do well on most generics myself. I don't know why but most of them I've tried make me sicker then I was to begin with. I think it might be the binders they use or something. That's not to say I don't still use them tho. If it makes me sick I just request something else.

People should not be forced to choose between life saving medications and food or heat. It's not right, these people deserve more respect than that.

My mother in law faced this very thing. It was a big concern for awhile. Her kids stepped up and helped out and then we found some working solutions for her. I can't say we're 100% happy with the outcome but it is workable. For now :P

Oh yeah, I also got my scammers check yesterday via UPS. Wonder how much that cost him :D What and idiot :laughing: Anybody that would even consider cashing this thing would have to be a complete dope :o

Anybody know where the worst neighborhood in the Bronx is located }:|

I thought about doing that :D

You can tell the signature was scratched off and replaced with another one. I'll take it to my Credit Union today and hope it only takes them a couple of seconds to give me the look. Haven't decided if I'll bother turning it all over to the police because I'm sure there's nothing much they can do. Every address on any place for an address is different :rolleyes:

The so call check it's self says it came from Gala University in Belmont CA. The UPS envelope says it came from Tallahassee, IL. and they want me to send my hard earned money to the Bronx. I wonder if these guys really make money this way :smirk:

I was just coming in to say I had just emailed the guy again and told him I haven't received the check he said he UPS'd to me and he might want to run a trace on it or send me another :laughing: I seriously wonder if he's stupid enough to send me another check for the same amount :laughing: Somehow I think he is :doh:

No she said she had to keep it. I was gonna scan it so I could share but DH didn't have the scanner hooked up and it is attached to his PC.

I live in a very small town so I am assuming they will notify the police, or not. I don't think they could do much really. With today's technology, they'd be next to impossible to catch.

He is still emailing me tho and I'm not sure what to do next. At this point I just want to mess with him }:|:D

He is a fictional person in cyberspace Kev. All I can do is try to mess with him. He tried to scam me out of $3000.00 via a sell of a horse on Craigslist.

I was P.O'd now I'm just amused. I so wanna keep him on the run. Just wondering what my next response will be. He knows I got his bogus check and is thinking I am stupid enough to cash it and send him money.

At least it cost him money to express the damn thing to me }:|

He'd have to come clear across the country and the emails are pretty much just copy and paste at this point. If him or his friends showed up here I would hope they have a real good plan on what they plan to do. DH would love it if they showed up here :laughing:

He just thinks he's go a fish on but once he finds out I won't be sending him any money I'm sure he'll just move on to the next mark.

He did email me again this morning saying he's worried he thought he would have heard from me by now :laughing: I guess it's time to tell him the gig is up :laughing:

or you could yank his chains some more if you're not worried about it. Tell him you took it to the bank, and after some initial skepticism on the bank's part, and the fact they had to call over a manager to approve it, they have accepted it and put a 10-day hold on it, so you'll send him his money after it clears in 10 days.

That is one of two options I was considering.

The other is to tell him I had his number after about the second email he sent and we were just waiting on the check to arrive. Now all his emails and his check are safely in the hands of the proper authorities and he most likely will be hearing from them shortly.

I will also tell him they know all about his little scam and are very familiar with his activities and it's just a matter of time :D

OMG he just called my cell phone as I was typing this :laughing:

I went with option 2 and told him the FBI has all his stuff and will contacting him shortly. It took me three tries to make him understand and then the little B*****d hung up on me.

He didn't speak to good de English :laughing:

One thing my granny used to say:

"You'll never know how much you'll miss the water until the well runs dry; when it happens, always remember . . . too many trips for water certainly'll break the pitcher as well."

- My granny sang in a choir for 62 years and could hold a high to low sustaining note for almost one and a half solid minutes!

Just a bit of useless trivia from yours truly. :D

What grinds my gears today . . . is when I didn't pay enough attention to the release of the clutch in my '63 split rear window coupe as I shifted from second to third.

It sounded horrible and I was embarrassed!

:P