What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep , but I guess it's still how 'Play Station 2 ' or 'X-Box' , ' comic books 'or the like doesn't bother grown young men when they mention these items ( and with disturbing pride sometimes) in general conversation .

No , THERE IS something wrong with it . Sorry to break your extended childhood bubble , but Real Men don't play video games nor read comic books ( regularly ) - forget about quiche! :laughing: :laughing: God ! I could purge half the country here on this !

Edited by Guest

They call them that simply so you won't laugh TOO hard at them .

Psst: they are still comic books -just much more expensive than they used to be . ;) Read something useful - if you are over 15 , the adventures of the X-MEN ( an example ) don't amount to a hill of beans .

Psst... Hollywood - quit making these flake super hero flicks !

Edited by Guest

soooooo this morning I find my tax refund has been directly deposited into my checking account. With an additional $1500. The IRS evidently went over it and found that my EIC (earned income credit) had not been included, so they adjusted it. Which is all fine and good - the error was in my favor and I'm ecstatic to have that extra money!

However, I'm a bit tweaked at the accountant at my CPA firm (that I've been using since 2001 and never had anything weird happen like this). This is the first time this particular accountant prepared my taxes. When I sent him the info that there was an error made, here's what he said, "I went back and recalculated it. The changes seem to be accurate. The original EIC credit was based on a increased basis of earned income. I updated my records and you should receive the full $**** in full. State refund does not change because this is a federal credit.

Any other questions please let me know and I appreciate the update. I have a feeling my software didn’t have its full update to include a portion of Obama’s tax changes."

Gee, I wonder how many other people's taxes he prepared without the full update.

So head's up everyone, make sure your accountant has ALL the updates. If the IRS had not re-calculated my tax return, I would have missed out on the additional $1500 because of this bozo. and he doesn't even apologize! :mad: :mad:

Fear mongering 'news ' like this ... seriously , if newspapers all fold and we are left with the Net alone ( who answers to no one nor ever retracts ) - God help us. It's still just a toy ; treat it and think it such .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090331/sc_livescience/survivingsalmonellawhatyoucando

Oh I almost forgot the grinding part. Refer to the sweetening thread for the good stuff.

When we first walked into the bar and were waiting for our drinks this guy started talking to me. DH was standing right there and was talking to the guy to. He asked me my name (in that sleazy way the ladies here will understand that a lot of guys don't catch and was looking at me in that way ) and DH stepped forward and introduced himself as my husband. This is a rarity for us and he still didn't catch why he felt compelled to do that. Thank God.

I knew. The idiot was hitting on me!! How insulting!! I knew who that sleazebucket was and it completely po'd me.

Freaking moron. I wouldn't give him the time of day if I was single. Disrespect my husband and worse yet me by doing that and your lucky he didn't knock you out. He is not a jealous man but damn.

If it had been 4 years earlier before DH's accident he would have noticed the disrespect shown to us both and it would have been on. TG he didn't :crazy:

I hate my new job too... :P Funny, I used to love to work but since the last year or so, I feel like I don´t want to work anymore... well, at least I have some very cool co-workers but I´d rather be free having a good time with my all-time friends...