What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I´m fed up with working hard just to survive. All my incomes are spent on exciting stuff like rent (Some 900€. Over 1.200 u$s), fuel (300€) electricity (100€) and internet/phones (some 150€) every bleeping month. Plus the gas for the car, insurrance, taxes and so.

Yes, there´s a big crisis, etc... but I´m very used to live during any crisis and it was never that expensive... :stars:

I think I´ll leave this country and go to Costa Rica or Bora Bora or anywhere...

People, don´t come to Spain, it´s a bunch of crooks!

:thumbsdown:

Yeah, well, I know, it´s the same everywhere... :/

But this little sunny country was supposed to be so cool and innocent and "sympa" -in french- and mainly like a bit of Africa or Mexico... not a part of Europe. If I wanted to live in Europe I would have lived in my country...

Now it´s a mess... :thumbsdown:

I´m more with Ron... I can´t believe what´s happening n Venezuela :stars: ...while being half-Russian myself, I do understand how Russians are the way they are... :P it´s cause it´s very cold there, you know? ;) They have to drink a lot of vodka, and then... :shades:

At least, they have Tolstoi, Gogol, Dostoievisky, Gainsbourg, Polnareff, Maiakowski, Lipschitz, Nureyev, Chagall, Pushkin, Bulgakov, Kandinsky, Plisetskaia, Tchaikovski, Pasternak, Gorki, Rimski-Korsakov, Lermontov...

I´m more with Ron... I can´t believe what´s happening n Venezuela :stars: ...while being half-Russian myself, I do understand how Russians are the way they are... :P it´s cause it´s very cold there, you know? ;) They have to drink a lot of vodka, and then... :shades:

At least, they have Tolstoi, Gogol, Dostoievisky, Gainsbourg, Polnareff, Maiakowski, Lipschitz, Nureyev, Chagall, Pushkin, Bulgakov, Kandinsky, Plisetskaia, Tchaikovski, Pasternak, Gorki, Rimski-Korsakov, Lermontov...

And Venezuela has Simon Diaz :cool:

One thing I notice of first world nations is how difficult it is for foreigners to truly integrate into their society. Sure, those countries say they welcome foreigners, but that's not the real impression I get. If there is one thing some immigrants notice about life in SoCal is how despite the warm climate the people aren't. You could live here for three decades and still be in the same tiny subculture enclave. Whites live in this city, Asians live in that city, mexicans live over there, blacks live on the other side. You don't need segregation rules when they just do it on their own. I used to think it was a US phenomena, but then I read on the newspapers and watch on television of race riots in France, Latin Americans being mistreated in Spain, Muslims going crazy in England, Serbs, Bosnians, and Croats going at it with each other... which makes me think I'm glad I at least live in a place where people aren't overtly racist and hateful to my face for the way I look and talk. However, Imma gonna run away to Montevideo the first chance I meet a girl I fancy from over there :beatnik:

...Whites live in this city, Asians live in that city, mexicans live over there, blacks live on the other side. You don't need segregation rules when they just do it on their own. I used to think it was a US phenomena, but then I read on the newspapers and watch on television of race riots in France, Latin Americans being mistreated in Spain, Muslims going crazy in England, Serbs, Bosnians, and Croats going at it with each other...

Well, I wouldn´t say Europe is -or has ever been- an example for non-racism... I saw it in France in the sixties, seventies, eighties, etc... Not in Spain in 1973 because there was no immigrants, but now there is plenty.

Yes, there are mixed couples and some non-racist people... but I´m afraid because there´s a huge crisis right now... and someone has to be guilty... LatinAmerican immigrants maybe? Or those people from Africa who die while they try to reach Spain by sea in a small overcrowded boat? Gypsies, as usual? Muslims -everybody knows ALL OF THEM spend ALL their time making bombs- ? Cause they don´t have too many Jews now to blame in Spain...

C´est dégueulasse... :thumbsdown:

Imma gonna run away to Montevideo the first chance I meet a girl I fancy from over there :beatnik:

Montevideo... good idea... :cool: that´s a small cute place... amazing beach...

If anyone has ever read my posts about young people ya all I luf them :content:

In my RL I'm mom to more then my Angel who is mine by birth. This isn't about her. It's about one of my other girls.

This girl has always worked hard and has always done the "right things". 4.0 student ect. She is a good girl.

This week she has had more bad stuff happen to her then anyone deserves and not even of her own making. Two family members died and her life has been set back by many years by another family member because she tried to help.

I don't know how to help or what to do :puppyeyes:

Not so much gear grinding but I am so, so sad :puppyeyes:

DH and I told her to just come home and we would let her rest/regroup and we would take care of her like she needs right now. She said maybe but I know she won't. I know she thinks she would be a bad person if she baled.

The family member wreaking her life is my age age. Old enough to be her mother :stars:

I need to help my kid understand this is not her responsibility. How the heck do I do that? I feel so bad.

Well Lea, let me tell you I know how you feel...for years we've dealt with trying to get my mom to the hospital and she absolutely refused...She became angry and upset whenever we tried, the same situation with my sister...we came to realize that these were their wishes...Sometimes when someone has their mind set on something, it's very hard to change their mind...Sounds like she is a smart girl with a very big heart...I guess the best thing to do is offer her your advice, tell her how you feel and let her know you are there for her if she needs anything....