What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay...Hubby said someone called here last night and asked for me, but I was at work...something about a contest I entered for a new car...He said he wrote the phone number down, but maybe he wrote down the wrong number because he couldn't hear very well because my father in law had the t.v on full blast...so Hubby walks into the kitchen to talk, and then my father in law goes into the kitchen to rinse out his cereal bowl with the water on full blasts... :doh: ...Sooooo I don't think hubby got the number right...I've been trying to dial it, but no answer....And I've entered so many contest on line, I don't know if it's something I actually entered, or a scam...

From now on use your cell phone number on all contest entries....just to avoid trusting contest winnings to the message taking capabilities of husbands.

:laughing: :laughing:

SO TRUE ... :angel:

H: " Oh , Janet phoned you..."

W: " Janet who ? "

H: " Janice ? Janet? Maybe it was Jerry ... ?! "

W: " I don't know any of them . What did they want ? "

H: " You're supposed to call them back... Alright ! Touchdown ! ... Sweetie ?! "

Here in the UK, it's "Comic Relief" day (or Red Nose Day,as some would have it). When people sport red noses, amusing wigs, wear their pyjamas to work, etc. and all in the name of charity. Now I'm not opposed to communities uniting in support of the disadvantaged; far from it. But, ironically perhaps, "Comic Relief" is one of the least funny days of the year. It is less funny than visiting the chiropodist to have your in-growing toenail removed. It is a licence for the least funny people in the land (Chris Moyles, Lenny Henry, etc) to be louder and more in-your-face than human decency should ever allow, for the streets and TV schedules to be taken over by egomaniacal pricks and grating examples of contrived "hilarity". It gets right on my wick. :(

I hear ya, girlfriend. One of my cats is de-clawed - we adopted her that way. She's ridiculously insecure. She won't let you hold her without climbing all the way on your shoulder like a parrot, because she's got nothing to hold on with. I'd never do that to a cat.

cut off their b*lls? yeah, but that's just being a responsible pet owner. ;)

If you spayed or nurture them them when their young it's no big deal and unless you intend to bred you should have it done. If you care about your pet at all. It also increases their life span :D

De-clawing on the other hand is terribly painful for a cat :puppyeyes: Their claws go all the way up to the first arm joint and they pull them out :o :puppyeyes:

Even the idea of it upsets me terribly :susel: We also adopted two cats that that done to them. It was awful :puppyeyes:

I've always been a sort of "for the animals" freak. I figure if I'm going to accept the responsibility of keeping a cat, then I have to accept what they'll do to my home.

As a result, my kitchen chairs are in shreds, but I won't invest in anything expensive until they've gone to the great litter box in the sky.

Thanks, Lea!

But I wouldn't suggest getting a true Norwegian Forest cat.

Why? Because your heart will ache once they die.

I know that mine did when I lost mine.

For the longest time my favourite companion was the royal German Shepherd of true bloodline. As loyal as the German Shepherd is, it doesn't come close to the Norwegian Forest Cat.

That's why I say don't get one. They're just too smart and it's so easy to fall in love with one.

Love is a hard thing to understand once it's gone.

No, it's not. We just lost our Abbey several weeks ago and I still expect to see her at certain times.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't ever wanna put myself through that again :puppyeyes:

Their pretty and cute but I think I'll pass :crazy:

I live by myself. I've thought about getting a girlfriend or a pet.

I'll do neither because everytime I do I wind up alone... so that's where I'll remain;

Alone.

I'm weary of things that mean much to me only to watch them disappear.

Most likely, to the objective observer, it sounds as if I've given up but, I'll submit, I don't give up ... I just accept life on its own terms.

One of my cats is de-clawed - we adopted her that way. She's ridiculously insecure. She won't let you hold her without climbing all the way on your shoulder like a parrot, because she's got nothing to hold on with. I'd never do that to a cat.

cut off their b*lls? yeah, but that's just being a responsible pet owner. ;)

De-clawing cats is forbidden in Spain and yet the vets do it... :stars: It´s true what you say, Shawna, they´re not feeling cats when they removed their claws... that´s just evil... and nobody should have pets if they care more for their furniture... :thumbsdown:

My cats respect my furniture because we have all sort of things for their claws... and even if they don´t -sometimes they don´t... - well, that´s MY fault... I was the one who decided they could live in my house... (actually, it was my husband... but anyways... )

Animals are basically innocent and they deppend on us. Hurting an animal is like hurting someone who has no defense and should be against the law.

Hurting an animal is like hurting someone who has no defense

I agree Edna. Three things that will put me in a complete out of control rage, cruelty to animals, kids (anyone under 30 in my case) or old people.

I'm not a hater but those things bring me scary close :(

I agree Edna. Three things that will put me in a complete out of control rage, cruelty to animals, kids (anyone under 30 in my case) or old people.

I'm not a hater but those things bring me scary close :(

It's hard to agree with everything in this life but what y'all just said I agree with wholeheartedly, Edna and Lea.