What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Nortons grinds my gears all day today. I turned on my PC only to discover I had trojans on it. Nortons was completely disabled. I went to live chat for advice about why Nortons wasn't working and was told for another $99.99 they could help me figure that out.

I told them to stuff it. I am now using AVG and am trojan free :D

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nortons grinds my gears all day today. I turned on my PC only to discover I had trojans on it. Nortons was completely disabled. I went to live chat for advice about why Nortons wasn't working and was told for another $99.99 they could help me figure that out.

I told them to stuff it. I am now using AVG and am trojan free :D

Ahhh! I'm with you Lea. This computer we are using is 4 years old. Never had a single problem with viruses & trojans. Just this week we've been infected with (so McAfee says) over 300 trojans & viruses. At this point, I've reinstalled McAfee (a friend gave us that advice, and reinstalling does seem to have helped), and am limping along. I don't think all our problems are solved though. Things still seem a bit hinky.

We really don't want to dump a bunch of money into a 4 year old computer. We're also not quite prepared to buy a new one at this point either. My gears are grinding loudly. :P:(

I know, everyone says that, but it's what we've got at this point. Any advice is appreciated. AVG? We've spent so much time just trying to be able to get onto the computer we haven't had the chance to research much.

Actually, McAfee is what's been on here for 4 years, and it's worked fine. Until now. :P

The problem we're still having is with the keyboard, skipping letters etc. when typing. It's very annoying.

Yes. That problem was noted in a diagnosis article I read (erratic keyboarding). It's not just my possible typos ... letters will be skipped no matter how slowly and careful am.

EDIT: See? Ityped the "I" (above) and hit the space bar just there.

This doesn't grind my gears so much as makes me sad. My mom aka Karma had to have her dog put down yesterday and is of course very sad about it.

She doesn't like talking about it tho cause it makes her even sadder :puppyeyes:

I don't think we're going to have our Abbey much longer either newsmile038.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to remove my Lightfoot video from YT. They disabled it :/

and my Firefall today for the same reason.

Now I think my mp3 player is no longer working and that really bums me out. I can't get it to connect to my PC. That means I can't upload anything and that means no audio books and that will just kill me.

I haven't went to work and not listened to books in forever :( and that's not counting the things I can block out with it if I turn the volume up real high. I would sit here and cry if I could remember how it's done :mad:

They are predicting 6-10" of snow for tonight into tomorrow. I know it's winter and it comes with the territory, but you try being stuck inside with an active 5 year old and a high maintenance MIL! I will be ready to jump out the window.

I think it will be a good time to ask my husband to show me how to use the snowblower