What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and I've only just found out what day it is. :doh:

Mrs Fitter and the kids went out for the day. I've been accomplishing a few tasks, with a view to sitting down at 3 to listen to the radio commentary of the Leeds United match, only to discover just now that today is Friday, not Saturday. :(

Weathermen and my job :mad: :susel:

Weathermen because it snowed again and I needed to go to the coast today and now I have to put it off again. Not only is it snowing again, but some areas are also flooding and it's not even high tide yet :o

Here's what the weathermen said at 11:00 last night when I listened to the news. More rain, nothing except more rain. Nothing about snow at all and they told us we don't have much to fear from flooding. Now this morning their pretty much just saying "whoops, our bad" :beady:

Now on to my job. I went into work the other night only to discover the security system was not working. Of course I call the security company to let them know this only to discover they already know this and so does everyone else. That is everyone except me so I guess it was on a need to know basis and I just didn't need to know :beady: It was requested that I vacate the premises.

I don't know who I should even be pissed at. The Bank or my employers whom I've tried to contact twice and they have yet to respond :mad: I'm supposed to work tonight but unless someone calls me I won't be there.

I'd hate to quite my job over this I kinda like my job but this is the second time something like this has happened :( all they need to do is pick up the stinking phone and let me know whats going on.

We had Christmas and New Year´s Day on Thursdays.And Tuesday is also a holiday here. Usually in Spain you don´t work on a Friday when Thursday is a holiday but I work for a French entreprise so I have the French holidays off, not the Spanish ones. Well, I know :doh: it´s complicated and so is my brain right now...

Bootlegged movies grind me gears. As a movie collector, whenever I stumble upon a bootleg - unbeknownst to me - it really chaps me big time. I wish the ad would just say it up front "THIS IS A FAKE OF THE ORIGINAL RELEASE," so I can make an informed decision to buy.

Yesterday, I see an Urotsukidoji: Hell On Earth dvd set. That thing's been out of print for over a year. I know I can probably find an official set used and maybe new if I look hard enough, so I was really surprised to see a set of it for sale for 48USD. Geez, I really must've been still reeling from the sparkling wine when I bought the thing. It dawns on me to look up the seller's history and it turns out the f****r sells bootleg dvds. Ah, at this point, why bother? I'll wait for the duped dvds to arrive and use them as loaners whilst I look for official releases elsewhere. The only bright side might be if it's a really good dupe quality with a glossy cover, then I might actually include that into my collection :beatnik: