What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Peaches, you're definitely not alone... :P I always get started the night before things are due. Unless it's something really important (end of term exams and such), in which case I start up to two or three days early. I've to hand in an essay tomorrow too, but there's so many more interesting things to do...

As long as you still get decent grades, it's fine I think :cool:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did that, too Fin and Ten Pea. It wasn't until I began working for a newspaper that I learned the importance and necessity of meeting deadlines and getting work done in advance whenever possible.

However, when it came to writing essays, features, etc. I had a problem that most writers face. The more time I have to hand it in the more times I'm going to revise, change, edit, tinker, etc. It can drive you nuts.

So, as I'm typing out my last post, my phone rings. It's American Home Shield asking why I did not renew. I tell them it's because when I had a problem with my air conditioner, you guys refused to send me the same vendor you sent me the time before that, who I liked a lot, and instead sent me another vendor who I disliked quite a lot. And at the time, I had called and called, all the up to the president of AHS's secretary and was told, "The first vendor is no longer on the preferred list. You will have to accept the vendor we're sending you."

So this gal today tells me, "Well, if I was to make a note not to send that vendor again, and that you liked the first vendor, would you sign up with us again?" :laughing: :laughing: closing the barn door after the horse is gone already.

Idiots.

One further followup to Friday night's debacle:

As part of my punishment by my dorm's rector I had to go to the drug and alcohol center to get a screening. They entered my numbers from Friday (how much over how long plus my weight) into some website. My BAC that night was probably around .36. Holy crap.

no, that can't be, you would even be allowed to drive a car with 0.36‰, that's why I was confused ;)

as I just read on wikipedia in the US BAC usually gets listed in percent, and 0.36% (=3.6‰) makes a lot more sense too :P

just another one of the "small differences" :)