What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an Exxon gas station in the City of Summit (which is one town over from me). The town is pretty affluent and there is a major hospital just up the hill from the sad station. This station has always charges more for gas then any other station in NJ. When gas prices started to head towards $4.00 a gallon, he raised his prices all the way to $4.89 for regular, $4.94 for mid-grade and $4.99 for High Test...He seemed to get a conscience and would not break the $5.00 barrier.

Well, now gas has dropped significantly (I saw it for $2.41 yesterday) but this guy has not lowered his prices from the $4.89/$4.94/$4.99 level. He is now almost $2.50 a gallon higher than his competitors. Obviously, I won't go there for gas, but it burns me up that he can charge prices like that and get away with it...maybe the high rent district he is in has something to do with it, but it just seems crazy to me.

There are several places in the outer reaches of civilization around here that have always had higher gas prices. Malibu, Ojai, parts of PCH all have higher prices than anywhere else in LA or surrounding areas. They figure the people that live there can afford it.

I decided to go up into the mountains today because it was raining. I was not the only one. There was a group of about 15 motorcycles that were stopped on the road and, as I looked over the side up ahead, I saw that one of their group had launched off and over the side. Fortunately, the guy bailed out before the bike went over the side, but his bike, a BMW GS 1200 was about 25-30 feet down in some brush. Being the nice guy that I am, I offered up my tow strap in order to help them get the bike up. I also offered up the use of my Jeep and it's tow hooks to assist, as a BMW GS 1200 weighs about 600 pounds. As I was moving up the road to get into position, I stopped to let some other bikes get out of the way. While I was stopped, another guy that had stopped started to back up. Because he was close to my Jeep, he was paying close attention to my rear quarter panel so as not to hit my Jeep. He forgot about the rack on top of his truck. The rack that has poles that stick out kinda far. The sound of a metal pole pushing it's way through fiberglass is an awful sound. We were stuck together for a few minutes until we figured out a way to separate by me driving very closely to the edge the motorcycle guy had just launched from. All ended well, I suppose. The other guy has insurance and a respectable vocation in the town I live in, so I can not complain. The rest of the motorcycle guys were able to get the bike up without my Jeep :P and the rider was able to start it up and continue on his ride. The Germans sure know how to build a sturdy bike!

IMG_9569.jpg

The beginning of the trail

IMG_9589.jpg

Where the bike went over

IMG_9597.jpg

The hole

IMG_9598.jpg

On the inside

An injured (broken?) toe. You would think that a person would actually see something as large as a bed in the middle of the room. I didn't just kick or catch my toe on the bedframe (the legs of which are already wrapped in bubblewrap). I walked full speed, full stride, right into it like some sort of idiot. Toe injuries hurt. I need sympathy and lots of it. :P

Happened to me a year ago, walking into an ottoman. Sustained a very tiny hairline longitudinal fracture. In my case, nothing to do but wait it out. Took about 3 months to heal to the point it did not hurt everytime it was stressed by my weight shift - which is a lot, everyday. One is never aware of the importance of toes in maintaining balance until such an occurance.

Wrapping all the toes in an ace-like bandage helps to support it, but then your shoes don't fit. Good luck with this one, (un)Lucky.

An injured (broken?) toe. You would think that a person would actually see something as large as a bed in the middle of the room. I didn't just kick or catch my toe on the bedframe (the legs of which are already wrapped in bubblewrap). I walked full speed, full stride, right into it like some sort of idiot. Toe injuries hurt. I need sympathy and lots of it. :P

this is horrifying news! horrifying! How will you stand up and dance all night at the Roger concert on Friday? I guess you can lean on me... if I'm able to stand up by myself (hic). :crazy:

I hate sharing an IP address. I just found this nice Oasis Collaborations Collection, but it's impossible for me to use rapidshare because there's always someone else downloading something. :mad:

edit: they heard me... it works :crazy: It's NEVER worked before. I've just been trying for more than an hour. Maybe I should complain more often

Edited by Guest