Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

Anyone who watches college football should really try to watch the Oregon/Oregon State game on Thursday at 6 (9 eastern time). Instate rivalry + the winner leads the pac 10 and goes to the Rose Bowl, and it's taking place at Autzen Stadium which holds the record for loudest volume ever recorded at a college football stadium (127 decibels)...there's just no way this isn't going to be an awesome game. Go Ducks!

the groups for the 2010 World Cup:

Group A

South Africa

Mexico

Uruguay

France

Group B

Argentina

Nigeria

Korea Republic

Greece

Group C

England

United States

Algeria

Slovenia

Group D

Germany

Australia

Serbia

Ghana

Group E

Netherlands

Denmark

Japan

Cameroon

Group F

Italy

Paraguay

New Zealand

Slovakia

Group G

Brazil

Korea DPR

Côte d'Ivoire

Portugal

Group H

Spain

Switzerland

Honduras

Chile

Soooo...any opinions on the BCS games this year? Being a rational human being, I obviously think it's a scam. Neither Boise or Texas Christian gets the opportunity to prove themselves. Although I will admit that I am excited, as a Duck fan, since my team will be playing in what I bet will be the most entertaining of the bowl games, and I'm not just saying that because they're my team, I really do think it's the most interesting matchup.

Woo freaking Hoo !!

Whitey Herzog was elected to the Hall of Fame today ..... 'bout time. The era of Whitey ball (back when the team actually ran!) was one of the most successful The Cardnials have ever had, and that man is truly revered, respected, and loved back home in St Louis. Way to go Whitey!! :thumbsup:

As long as cries for playoffs go unheeded, I will have difficulty acknowledging any real college football champion.

Unless, of course, Notre Dame were playing in the BCSNCG. And then it would be legit.

As for TCU and Boise State, I think that will be a great game! Two other undefeated teams playing in a bowl. I like it.

And, as a Buckeye fan, I have to agree that the Rose Bowl may be the best game of the post-season.