Introduce and Frapper Map yourself here

Henry David

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say...

A seventeen year old student, I play music with two bands, one, a jazz/blues/everything else band called Uncle Heavy's, and one an everything group (we mainly sing whatever we write between the thirty of us) called AstroCatastrophe. That was an idea of a name which I got from a good friend of mine's nickname way back on Napster. (Am I allowed to say the dreaded N word on here?) I sing lead, and falsetto harmony vocals. We were set up for a bet, and have lasted on and off for three, nearly four years now.

Anyway... I'm currently in college studying Music, which covers everything from writing tunes like J.S. Bach (which sucks), to writing music of my verily own (which rocks). I hope next year to start studying music at a higher level, which would rock.

I have one beautiful, amazing, and altogether wonderful girlfriend, name of Jordan Michelle Domoslai.

Hmm... a picture of me.

Hair bleached blond thru blond, dark blue eyes, bloodshot red through lack of sleep. 5 foot 4 inches tall, and 114lb precisely. (Near enough). Bright pink-white surfer-boy skin. And short, stubby, piano playing fingers. Buried underneath thousands of CD's.

I was going to post a reply to this, and left. Then thought more of it. You asked, and here is my reply, warts and all. I am 39. Married to Kelly for the last 16+ years. We've had scrapes bumps and bruises, but we are reasonably happy. Father to Korey. He is adopted. So am I. So is my sister, and my mother-in-law. It kinda runs in the family. Korey is 11 and never ceases to amaze me. I am 6 foot tall, and my hair is leaving me. Sara and Carl's health regimen is alien to me, as is anyone else in shape, and something I envy. I smoke. Too much. I am not overweight, but not in any kind of shape. I probably have high blood pressure, and have never had any kind of physical examination. My diet would make a doctor faint. It is horrible. I see a dentist often, so, the teeth are good. I fly in a small airplane frequently with a friend of mine. I'd love to get my pilots licence. I am a parts counter manager in the high-end electrical field. I am told by many that I am some kind of guru, electrically. I wish I shared their confidence. I doubt myself constantly in every aspect of my life. I have no patience, and view that as a fault. I get mad too easily, and judge people too quickly. But every day I wake up and try to do better. I think I am making a bit of headway. I am afraid of death. We (Kelly and I) only have a small handful of friends, but they have been friends of ours forever. Kelly says I take a lot of things too personal. I hate camping, but I do love being outside. So yes, I am in the backyard with the family and the barbecue. I can make you laugh at a funeral. Making people laugh is something I have always done, and something I love doing. I love KISS. I always have and I always will. For that I make no apologies. I am good at secretly saving a lot of money then surprising the family with a vacation or something fun. I have a hot tub. We don't use it as much as we used to. My wife is the most organized person I know. I am the least. I am very close to my parents. I worry about most things needlessly. I have little self-confidence, but I am trying. I would rather live without having seen a single sunrise than to live without hearing music.

I didn't mean to write that much, but I did. Don't be too hard on me.

Always,

Ken.

I am 34 years old (35 next month). I'm about 5'9", 185lbs, brown hair that's leaving me, and green eyes. I wear glasses (which I hate) and wish I could afford Lasik surgery. I have been married for four years. I have 5 children (yes, I said 5), 4 girls and 1 boy. My two oldest daughters are from my wife's previous marriage and I have since adopted them. We were planning on just having 4 kids but got a bonus one thrown in there (twins). I have an identical twin brother myself so it took us by surprise cause everbody says it skips generations.

I work as an Engineer for the federal government. My opinion of my job depends on when you ask me. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. The pay is good and allows me to support my family so I can't complain.

As you can imagine, I don't have much time for hobbies other than running my kids around to softball/basketball practice or some birthday party or something. In other words, my family is my hobby. It's a rewarding life and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have loved music since I can remember. Whether it was singing hymns that I had heard in church or a new song on the radio. I have been a U2 fan for the last 20 years and probably will be for the rest of my life. I find myself more and more disinterested in the new music that's played on the radio, so I tend to stick with what I know and just buy new CD's from artists I am familiar with. Probably missing out on a lot of good stuff, as you guys can probably tell me!!

I am a huge football and baseball fan. I'm somewhat of a movie buff. I've also been told I possess too much pop culture knowledge than is good for me.

I have been coming to this site for quite some time. Way before there ever was a message board! I've actually won one of the coveted Sonfacts T-shirts!! I enjoy checking the site daily and seeing what all you guys have to say. It definitely feels like a little community!

Wow, how does one follow Kens intro? I want be his neighbor, but only if he playes his music so loud on Saturday afternoon that I can hear it over my lawnmower.

I debated this, but thought ?what the heck. You all seem real cool.

I am 39 plus a year (there I said it-but it hurts) but just barely. I married my bestfriend of 14 years have 2 kids 12 and 3.8 years old. Live in a small house in a small town. I love music especially Pink Floyd (bet you?d never guess) But I love a lot more almost as much, Beatles, Supertramp, Yes, and as they say ... many, many more.

I have a flourishing sense of humor and love to pull pranks at others expense. I tried being serious just once and everybody started laughing at me. I have an optimistic approach most of the time but struggle with being average. I am 6th. from a family of 8. Raised a Catholic but I am a christian now (non denominational-just a believer). My kids Grandparents are still married as are their parents (very rare these days) I love movies almost as much as I love music. I love most all music except offensive rapp (ok all rapp) and both country and western music. When I type I usually use parentheses (way, way too much). I am happy most of the time except when I am not. I played the drums for eight years when I was young and am now preparing to learn how to play the electric guitar (the mid-life thing).

I work at an Industrial equipment supplier in sales, I love working with customers and making them have as good a time as I am having, or am trying to have. I have been working with the public for 22 years in one job or another. My favorite quote ? ?I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to my death your right to say it? That's probably MORE than enough. ;)

~ Mike

OK... I'm an 18 year-old student of English and Media. I have a relativley small IQ of 124. I live in the United Kingdom, in a small rainy town in the North of England, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. I'm also gay, which isn't too bad most of the time.

I love films, music, TV- it's all cool. I like all sorts of genres, with film- horror, comedy, sci-fi, drama and I like pretty much all music, but mostly rock, pop, hip hop/rnb, dance- but I'm open mided. I like almost anything.

:blah: WELL IAM 23, AND IN THE MILITARY. I AM CURENTLY STATIONED IN GERMANY. I LOAD BOMBS ON PLANES. OH...AND IM FEMALE. I AM ALMOST 4 MONTHS PREGNANT AND MARRIED FOR THE SECOND TIME(HEY EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES ::) I LOVE MUSIC AND FAMILY AND ALL SORTS OF THINGS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE.

35 years old; very happily married and in love; one child and 3 ferrets. 5' 2" tall; 118 pounds, blonde hair, green eyes.

Work for a huge company creating mathematical formulas, dealing with stats like profits, losses and revenues, variances and percentages, etc. Have been in this field for over 15 years. My husband is a Sr. Chemical Engineer - has been in the field for nearly 20 years.

Great sense of humor, not easily offended; always tactful but won't pander to hyper-sensitivity. Very outgoing and friendly - will talk to anyone. Making human connections is very important to me, but I don't "collect" people. I love my family - would rather hang out with them.

Not overly trusting but very approachable. People always feel they can trust me. They can. Screwing people over should be made a sin! Considered a Conservative. Dislike Liberals. Married to a Republican. Dislike racism/bigotry/exclusion. Hate jokes at the expense of another's feelings/illness - personal attacks. Hate high school BS.

Love a gentleman, hate a mysogynist, but am not a feminist. Getting my own door is fine, but be like I said, I love a gentleman!

Old fashioned values with modern beliefs. Raised Catholic. Not religious. Don't share in their hypochrisy. Not very judgemental. Very honest. Live and let live as long my family and I are unaffected. Believe in Karma: what goes around comes around. Readily admit my own faults and errors - no one is perfect.

Like the beach, hate camping. My idea of roughing it is the lobby of the Four Seasons - LMAO! Favorite movie is Boondock Saints; least favorite is Castaway! Love music. Could never live without it. Like the people here. Love sharing a common bond!

• 10 months later...

08.jpg

My name is Chris. I'm 14 years old, and a Sophomore at Truman High School. I get decent or less-than-decent grades, and I'm not very gut at sports. Music is about the only thing I have going for me. I play Piano, Sax, Drums, Guitar, and I'm learning Bass. I enjoy comedy, Pink Floyd, and bumping threads with pictures of bumps.

Hi everyone, my name is Susan-Paula. You can call me Sue.

I'm 24. I'd like to say 22, but I'm not. I'm 5'8 and people take me too seriously. I like music, video games, anime/manga, cosplay, sci-fi, animals, movies, travelling, snowboards, BMX's and motorX. People are often surprised that I am a girl. I like to laugh, and have a great sense of humour. I tend to take criticism personally and can be easily offended. I try not to. I have an opinion about everything, but am often too shy to air it. I don't know how to handle conflict situations. I am an only child from a loving home in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I've had many good years, 2.5 of them have been spent with the love of my life. I studied multimedia art and web design and work for a big games company in the UK. I believe that a smile or a few kind words to everyone you pass in your day spreads endlessly. People call it 'paying it forward'. Try it, you will like it!

Nice to meet you all :D

Um..

Hi, Im Jillianne

I live in Dublin, Ireland, and Im a yun'un on the boards

I am a student, dancer, and I teach Ballet and Jazz to 3-11 year olds..I like to play piano, and playing most sports like Swimming, Running, Karate..and dancing..

Um I like to hang around with my mates..

wow eart angel is 5'8! not fair!!! Im short :(

anyhoo I like listening to music, parrrtying and dancing obviously..

so..my motto is 'boys are stewpid, throw rocks at them' which to this day I live by..

aparebtly according to Cd I look like Paris Hilton.. :: :: :beady: well!!

Just for the record..I don't..nono..I havnt got a weird nose..an eye disease..and sadly enough im not heiress to a chain of hotels..

but I am moving to AMERICA! or canada!

so yeah thats me..wuw..

My name is Kate, and I'm from Toronto. I'm 17 and a student at a Catholic Highschool. I have auburn hair, not red, not brown; auburn. Im 5"4 and 110lbs. I work at Wal-Wart. I belly-dance and play guitar. I love all types of music, my favourite being classic rock, but anything will do. I love going to clubs and movies. Movies and music are my two favourite things.

I introduced myself when I started posting but I will re-intro. My name is Shannon. I will be 30 in March. I am from Indiana, but I live in a tourist trap called Cody, Wyoming. I love Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams, The Beatles, Sarah McLachlan, and a lot of other music. I enjoy making witty comments, mostly for my own amusement. I enjoy candy, and I think taking a nap and then sitting down to cookies and milk can solve all problems. My only goal in life is to see a taping of Late NightWith David Letterman.

The name's Zach. I'm 17, and I was born and raised in Raleigh, NC. I'm 5'11, 128 lbs, have light blue eyes, and dark brown hair with blonde highlights. I play hockey, and video games (duhh). I love Lipton's Brisk Iced Tea, and Extra Polar Ice gum. Pizza (mostly mexican) is my favorite food. My social class is norm, but I wear alot of skater clothes (Volcom). My car is a dark grey '92 camry (no air conditioning which sucks in the summer.) I used to work at Sam Goody's, but it closed down, because they suck. I listen to rock and trans: Dream Theater, Dead Kennedys, White/Rob Zombie, RHCP, Kittie, etc. That's all I'm going to blather.

My name is Juan Carlos, but the kids here call me "one." I guess that's fine :beatnik: To pass the time, I work on getting a chemistry degree at a university here in Southern California. I also waste time and money reading, listening to and collecting music, viewing and collecting films, going to museums, and crap like that ::

Hi Ya'll! I'm Carole. I'm still 47, will be 48 at the end of this month. I don't mind saying that cause I worked hard to get this far. I'm married 30 years(top that)and have 4 kids(adults)29,27,25 and 22). 5'7", blonde, green eyed, 130 pounds. I grew up in Ventura Ca. but moved to Mo when I was 14. I work as a Pharmacy tech, 5 days a week and at our family business the other two. I like almost any music as lomg as it is played well, and perks up my ears. Except maybe opera. My main interests are classic rock, blues, old country(or old style). I think maybe I'm the granny of the group, But I'll rock till I die. My kids even get annoyed with me. Nice to meet cha! ::

Hey!

Yeah, my name's Maeghan {that's right, there's an extra 'a' in there... it's Gaelic ;)} I picked the name behindblueeyez because not only is it a great song, but I have blue eyes and I thought I'd be creative. Though it isn't really-- Oh well! :doh: I just graduated highschool- would have loved to be valedictorian, but was 14 places below that. Meh, not bad I guess, especially if I just want to be an interior decorator.

Aside from listening to classic rock, I enjoy doing all sorts of disciplines with my 6 horses. I also have taken on the task of training our Bernese Mountain Dog puppy, {we've had the breed for 20 years-- so wonderful!!} and in the process, have decided to show her, breed her, etc.

I play piano, not fantastically, but pretty well, but due to the fact that most of my favorite songs are done by guitar, I took that up after my friend gave me her acoustic for $5.

I could seriously talk about rock and roll all day- the history, the great bands, how I will one day marry one of the sons/grandsons of the Stones or the Who :laughing: Or at least settle for an English boy::

Well, that's me in a nutshell. :rockon:

I'm Daniel Gillis. I've lived in Port Hawkesbury NovaScotia all my life. All 13 years of it. I love it too.

I'm 13. 5'1 (i'm a shorty too Jill) 95 pounds. I'm in good, I guess great shape. I am athletic and If I could, I would spend my days playing hockey, soccer and whatever else with my music Cranked. I have blonde hair, and I mean REALLY blond. Used to be real long buit not anymore. Blue eyes. some freckles.

Music. Classic Rock: Pink Floyd, The Who, Rush, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi, Eric Clapton. :rockon:

I like the blues too: Mainly SRV, BB. King, Robert Johnson. I love the blues guitar.

I also like Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, G'n'R, leonard cohen, and Van Morrison

In all possible modesty, I am VERY intelligent. I get the highest grades, I won this computer in an essay contest.I've won Regional and School Science and Heritage fairs.

Almost forgot, I love reading. Fantasy-fiction mainly. Sometimes those fiction books that are about historical events. ie. Underground To Canada.

Peace-Danielj

Hi, I'm Joe. I look a little like my avatar. I'm one of the old heads here...58 in the 23rd of this month. I'm married to a beautiful, intelligent and sexy girl named Joann. We live in Philadelphia, PA. Our 32nd anniversary is this Thursday, 9/16. We have one son, Joe who is 28. We're going to be grandparents for the first time. It's a girl (Sophia Maria) and she's due October 21st.

I've always loved just about all kinds of music. R&B, Motown, Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical, even a little country. Joann and I are good dancers. Music truly is "the food of love". I do not play an instrument (wanted to be a drummer, folks wouldn't go for it). Odd because Dad had played bass in a combo when he was young and his Dad was first trombone in the Philadelphia Orchestra under Leopold Stokowski. I did sing in a doo wop group for a couple of years (second tenor/baritone). I enjoy burning CD's for myself and others. I fancy myself a quite talented blender of songs/styles.

I've always been very athletic. I played football, baseball (not soft-ball)and basketball well into my late 30's. Tennis until recent years. Golf these days.

I gave up smoking cold turkey in 1989...Luckies, 2-3 pks a day.

I'm diabetic...adult onset. I eat way too many things that I shouldn't. Can't drink much, though I never did anyway. I drink a couple cases of Dannon Spring Water each week.

I love watching sports. Hate reality shows. My wife and I see at least 3 movies a week. Since discovering the internet about 5 years ago I don't read as much as I used to (nor as much as I'd like)...even worse since joining the forums here at Songfacts.

I've mellowed so much over the years and I feel rather wise now. But, don't go callin' me Yoda!

I enjoy all of you here and I'm so glad to have "joined" you. Great minds with music in common. Can't beat that!

08.jpg

My name is Chris. I'm 14 years old, and a Sophomore at Truman High School.

Chris, I knew you were young but never would have guessed 14. You're mature beyond your years and quite intelligent. Why are your grades only decent? Are you bored? I was that way when I was your age. I got only decent grades but I was learning a lot. I just didn't participate much. Later I "got into" a few subjects and found that grades were easy to achieve if you were interested enough.

Music is great, but allow yourself to have many choices when you get older by getting better grades now.

Nice to know ya! Glad to have met you here.

Well, I think I've already said a lot about myself on other threads, but I guess I can compile it all here:

I'm Jenny, I'm 33 years old. Married 5 years to Alex, 1 child so far named Samantha. Grew up in NJ except for '79 and '80, when my family lived in Colombia. Went to Rutgers (yes, I know the football team sucks!) and right after college got a job at a pharmaceutical company. Not a very popular place to work these days, but it pays well and I like my job.

I am about 5'5" (won't tell you my weight)with brown hair and brown eyes. I have received compliments on my smile, and my hair (it's thick and hairdressers love it, but I don't know how to do a thing with it). Raised Catholic, but I don't follow it at all. I love to read, do crossword and jigsaw puzzles and music. Not into sports, but I walk, ride my bicycle, kayak and I used to dance when I was in High School, but now, I only do it to distract Sam when she's cranky.

• Carl unpinned this topic