LIVE 8

Danielj

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rap is music, as music is "organized sound." I can't say much more than that though, but I'm sure a rap fan could. Many rap fans think rock is all the same, and "it's all screaming and distorted guitars." That's not true, of course, but that's their perspective. At another forum, one person used that argument in a Jethro Tull thread :laughing:. Apparently Jethro Tull is "just screaming and distorted guitars."

bgeldof.jpg

Maybe a Boomtown Rat made a nest in his hair?

I missed the whole thing since I was working. I finally got to hear Pink Floyds set and it sounded great! My partner said he had heard they were going to be touring in 06....

What I figure is, that if a song is really good, it shouldn't have to have barely clothed people in its video in order to sell. A good song would sell if it had a blank screen as a video. Most rock songs just use a shot of the band playing with maybe a mild sloryline thrown in. Hip-hop seems to need to resort to sex and sometimes even violence in order to sell.

And after all that, they're still sampling rock songs.

Levis517 wrote:

What I figure is, that if a song is really good, it shouldn't have to have barely clothed people in its video in order to sell. A good song would sell if it had a blank screen as a video. Most rock songs just use a shot of the band playing with maybe a mild sloryline thrown in. Hip-hop seems to need to resort to sex and sometimes even violence in order to sell.

And after all that, they're still sampling rock songs.

... as opposed to Rock, Punk, Goth, Techno, Country, and Folk music?

I was reading this topic and it made me think... "but the point of the show was to bring awareness to the plight of Africans living in poverty, not the bad-word count of each artist or if what they sing constitutes as 'music' (which it does)."

... as opposed to Rock, Punk, Goth, Techno, Country, and Folk music?

I was reading this topic and it made me think... "but the point of the show was to bring awareness to the plight of Africans living in poverty, not the bad-word count of each artist or if what they sing constitutes as 'music' (which it does)."

That's what I thought when watching Snoop Dogg. I thought "something tells me people are going to make a big deal out of this, which is ironic, since they are supposed to be paying attention to African poverty."

I caught two songs by the Pink Floyds and two songs by the Who, and I'm a better person for it. I liked McCartney and the U2's opener; that was pretty cool. But I didn't get to see much more.

However, I somehow got stuck watching a song or two by the Dave Matthewses (I just couldn't tell if one song ended and another one began; they all sound the same). Anyway, they sucked! I wouldn't go to one of their shows if Matthews himself came up to me and paid me to go.

Anyway, rock on, eb'rybody.....and, oh yeah, HUNGER SUCKS, MAN!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I must admit that I loved Paul McCartney... not as much as I hate him since he destroyed my Beatles last century, but he was really good.

And I saw the picture of Bush, Bono, Geldof and... was it Blair? on the newspaper and I felt that maybe... who knows... a miracle could happen??? would this at least make them think -only think- about hunger?? Will this concert shake a little bit their feelings??

No, I don´t think so, but every bit helps. The Flower Power didn´t stop Vietnam but it all helped to create an awareness of the situation among "la bourgeoisie".

I´m much too serious now...

I´ll get back as soon as I am back to normal.

:neener: :drummer:

I am one lucky MFer. I happened to have some money when I found out about the reunion of PINK FLOYD. I got plane tickets, hotel, rush passports, and tickets to the show for about $4000. I can't describe what I felt as I saw them play... There simply arent words in the english language for that kind of blissecstacyjoylove. The entire day was magical, and London was an incredibly cool city. Five days ago I had a beer in a pub right where a bus blew up today... I'm sure the love that was around there last weekend is now gone, and I curse the bastards for that... I will never forget my trip to the promised land... I was there, and witnessed the pigs fly, the greatest event ever, that I never believed could happen. That makes it easier to deal with being broke and having maxxed credit cards. :thumbsup:

Six Months!!!! :: Wow... :P... in my times it was a couple of weeks... Modern times are amazing! ::

I found this:

"Marihuana metabolites (breakdown products) remain in the urine for days after a single exposure and for weeks after a long-term user stops."

They don´t say how many weeks... it´s in the net by a certain Lester Grinspoon, M.D.