LIVE 8

Danielj

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I see it as being disrespectful to the folks and families who went there to support the bands and to the cause. It didn't add anything to the performances and I found it to be in bad taste, even though Madonna apologised for it later. It was a family show and broadcast all across the world, not a personal gig for any of the artists, they can do what they like at their own shows. Just my opinion :D

They don't really respect the artists, they just enjoy the free show , as well as the 'gratitude' of others for being there -- quite a tale . If they really respscted the poor : they would sell their homes , give all their assets to a resputable charity and live in solidarity in the boondocks ... in a tent , with their fellow men and women ,,,,,

I think the only disappointments were Madonna and Snoop Dogg swearing when they were fully aware it was a family event, LIVE on TV and the crowd were amped and excited enough to not have to resort to swearing to get a reaction. Bad taste.

You know, Pink Floyd also swore. They said "Don't give me that do-goody-goody bull****." It would have sounded really weird edited out, though, and they are legends, so it would be a little disrespectful to edit out Pink Floyd. They did cut them off anyway, though. Bah Humbug.

it doesn't, not really. swearing is used in both life and art to create an impact. i suoppse the idea is that it strengthens the message. but it doesn't have any artistic intergrity as such. it just offends some people more than others while some young teenagers probably think it's cool and rebellious.

I'm not a big Snoop Dogg fan, but my guess is that the swearing is for shock value. JR, you can probably relate it to Alice Cooper. You were/are an Alice Cooper fan, right? Well did your parents ever object to Alice Cooper? I'll bet they did, with all the violence in his shows, and I'll bet they asked stuff like "what's the artistic importance of his goriness?" The answer, there really isn't much. Alice could get away with that kind of stuff though, and still be artistic, because he had musical talent. You can't say that about Snoop Dogg, though. Alice was trying to distance himself from adults, and that's what Snoop is doing now.

But that doesn't hide the fact that Snoop's music sucks, and that constant swearing causes it to lose it's effect.