LIVE 8

Danielj

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's three weeks for a standard Juvenile U/A tho if you get involved in a criminal offense, they could do a hair test, or an advanced U/A which can detect stuff in your system for anywhere up to 6 months.

I've picked this stuff up here and there :shades:

So yesterday afternoon, I shut the house up, pulled the shades, turned off the lights, and just shut down completely. No thinking, no chores, no people. Nothing. Just sat in my big blue chair and let myself just...sink in. I needed the break.

So, I did something I rarely ever do...watched tv. I mean, for like, 4 hours straight. I originally intended to find a ball game, but I got to MVT, and it was the very beginning of Live 8. I thought "Perfect. The last thing I want to do is think about anything. I can just veg here and listen to some music. Which is what I did. Turns out, as a bonus, it was commercial free, with not a single host or vee-jay in site. I truly, truly, sank into my chair and just listened to the music.

I needed the escape, and music gave it to me. I never turned the channel. I watched bands I would never dream of ever buying. Here are some thoughts:

Michael Stipe has true presence

I actually enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas. They had good, positive energy.

Snoop Dogg, I don't get it. They bleeped him 23 times in one song. (I counted) Art? I think not.

Stevie Wonder, oh man, I'd actually go see him in concert. He's great!

Pink Floyd. Roger Waters seemed very excited to have a crowd in front of him again.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

I did just about the same thing as you Jr. I did not see any of the concerts "live" last week, just hilights two days ago. I would change channels whenever somebody "suckie" came on; Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Density's Chile, etc. Some bands I don't normally listen to but enjoyed watching (Audioslave, Green Day, Coldplay, I liked that guest singer from the Verve). Some I watched but didn't like (Good Charlotte, Bjork). I thought Pete Townshend played pretty well considering he's 60 something. Pink Floyd was okay, Roger seemed to enjoy himself even though his voice was shot. The one I don't "get" is Robbie Williams. The crowd sure loved him and he has loads of energy, but I just didn't see a lot of talent. McCartney was okay, but I had recently seen a broadacst of his Red Square concert so it was a bit repetitive. I wish I had seen Neil Young.

i love her!!! she's totally wild and crazy! that live performance was not good but her recorded stuff is amazing and a friend saw her play a fantastic concert - she does loads of weird experimenting with sound. some of her lyrics are really great too. she's quirky and strange but i love her!

The Who were just... correct. Nothing to do with the good old Who. Roger Daltrey didn´t look rock at all and Pete Townshend seems to be in bad shape. I found them old. I hoped he´d smah his guitar... :P

I thought The Who did a great job! Sure they didn't look like they used to, but they're old. Besides, it's not about the look, it's about the music!

I just looked through all the groups that played on Live 8 on the AOL On Demand...I never realzied how many groups that played..the ones they didnt show on t.v. there were some great performances. I especially loved Deep Purple...they were great...if you can get AOL on demand, check out Deep Purple...let me know what you think :rockon: :rockon:

I thought the Who were amazing, i dunno what you guys are thinking.He can still scream. And the voice hasnt left him at all . . . actually all the oldies voices are still intact save one. . . . . . . . the glory hog who looked happy because he was lucky enough to actually be taken back by the people he ditched, but who holds grudges?

I thought the Who were amazing, i dunno what you guys are thinking.He can still scream.

I found them... sad. Couldn´t find the flame I saw on other live performances. I liked them but found them old... Pink Floyd are the same age and they were really amazing.